Chapter 35 🥰

I wake up to Flora and Miles talking quietly on the other side of her room. I get up slowly and realise that they are drawing stuff together on her carpet near the window. 

"Morning," I say, voice slightly croaky and hair feeling matted and tangled as I try to fix it up quickly.

"Morning," Miles says back, his attention still on his paper. 

"Good morning!" Flora replies cheerily as she sets her yellow pencil down on the ground and runs up to me. I am now sitting on the edge of her bed. My feet are flat on the ground and my back is slouched slightly. She grabs my hand and drags me towards where Miles is laying on his stomach, intently drawing a picture of a girl. 

"What is that?" I ask him, making it evident that I am judging his drawing capabilities. He gives me a slight eye roll glare even though a small smile is playing on his lips. 

"I asked him to draw me," Flora giggles. 

"Ohhh. I mean at least he's trying," I laugh as I look from Flora to the girl on Miles' page.

"I thought it would be funny," Flora shrugs, still giggling to herself as she lays back down and continues to draw a picture of a big tree which has a boy sitting under it. The picture is unnerving to say the least but I don't mind because Flora likes to draw in that kind of style. She told me she showed one of her drawings to Kate once and that it scared the living shit out of her...although she didn't word it like that. 

"Would you two stop teasing me, this masterpiece needs to be framed," He says, indignantly as he stares at his sketch proudly.

"I wouldn't call it a masterpiece Miles," I smirk. Flora giggles before taking the picture and telling us that she is going to ask Miss Grose to give her a picture frame, she also says she is going to go get some food because Miss Grose said she was making pancakes today.

"I was actually drawing you, I think it looked realistic don't you?" He whispers as he leans over to get another coloured pencil. 

"Wow," I exclaim sarcastically, shoving him so that he rolls onto his side. He laughs to himself before rolling back around and flicking his pencil at me. 

When Flora leaves the room, I stand up and sit on the edge of her bed, Miles quickly looks at me from where he is laying on the ground, a lovesick glint in his eyes. 

"Can I kiss you?" He asks, secretively looking towards the door and then at me. It takes me by surprise that he just randomly asked me that so I hold my breath for a second and think of a good response.

"Depends," I say slowly, looking down at him.

"Depends on what?" He asks, raising an eyebrow in confusion as he notices the smile on my face. 

"Depends on how well you're gonna kiss me," I tease. 

"Was I not good at kissing you other times?" Miles asks, in mock defence. 

"I mean...I don't really remember," I continue. He looks at me as if he has forgotten to speak, all he seems to be able to do is stare at me. 

"Remind what your kisses are like again?" I say, making my tone sound like a question laced in a flirty remark. He walks over to me, hands in pockets and then slowly leans forward, now hovering over me.

"Firstly, I do this," He says, his hands now leaning on the bed, at either side of me. His face close to mine. 

"Then what?" I ask, seemingly unfazed although I am very much so fazed. 

"Then I do this," He lifts my chin up with his right hand and kisses my forehead softly. I close my eyes as I feel him move down to my neck and plant one gentle kiss on the part of it that makes me want to crumble. A low hum escaped my slightly unparted lips. I open my eyes again just in time to see him lean in to kiss my lips. He presses his lips to mine for a couple of seconds before they start to move along with mine. He is wearing jeans and a tight dark green jumper which complements his slim figure. I notice in between breaths that his sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and that he is profusely blushing a soft pink colour. I smile to myself before leaning back and pulling him on the bed next to me. My hands are around his waist and my head is tucked into his neck as I place small kisses on his collar bone. His skin is smooth and warm as my face snuggles into the crook of his neck and jaw. He giggles lowly to himself before gently pulling me closer to him and speaking softly to me.