Chapter 22 🫥

I'm sitting on my bed and looking at the ceiling, classes are getting harder and harder and I suddenly have a lot of work to complete but I'm keeping it under control. Miles has been spending more time with his friends which I am glad about since he never used to have many even though he is popular amongst the girls. I told him about Diego and Amara but he didn't really seem to think to stop being friends with Diego, in fact he was very much so on his side which made Amara and I super uncomfortable. I can't stop thinking about how his reaction to what happened with Quint and Miss Grose seemed to be the same, dismissive and irritated, like I was the one in the wrong for mentioning it.

All of the sudden like he was summoned, Miles comes into my room.

"Hey," he says softly since we had had a bit of an argument before over him snapping at me.

"I'm sorry," He says as I look him in the eyes, trying to determine if he was being genuine. I think he is. After a while of us chatting one of us accidentally brings up Diego and Amara's current break up situation. The conversation turns a bit heated because I am starting to get annoyed that we aren't seeing eye to eye.

"But he was STILL with her, Miles," I say, visibly upset.

"Yeah but sometimes people just get sick of eachother, simple as that," He shrugs.

"SHE wasn't sick of him," I replied back. He comes closer to me and grabs my hips, he forces me closer to him, I don't fight back. He keeps eye contact with me to the point where I start to get nervous. Miles kisses my cheek and then lowers his lips to my neck before lifting his head again so that we are at the same eye level.

"We don't need to argue, Is," He says as he gently presses his lips to mine. All of the sudden all negative emotions leave my body. How is he so perfect, how does he even like me, anyone else in the school would gladly have dated him but he picked me, honestly I still don't know why.

"God I love you," I laugh as I rest my head against his chest and just stand there with him for what felt like thirty minutes but was probably just one.

"Love you too," He says, patting my back and then leaving the room. I now feel extremely lonely without him.

I am currently chatting with Rosie, Allegra, Marnie, Amara, Tilly and a girl named Stella who we all became friends with in Maths.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh," We all jump as a piercing, shrill scream fills the hall which is not even close to being empty. I cringe as Mal comes running towards us all, still squealing.

"Omg omg omg, OH MY GODDD," She says, practically grabbing the attention of everyone here.

"Miles Fairchild kissed me," Mal says, still talking high pitched.

"Really!?" Allegra exclaims.

"What?" Rosie grins, excitedly.

"Whaaat?" Marnie says, pretending to sound uninterested even though she definitely is.

"WHAT!" Amara and I shout in unison, completely unsuspiciously.

"He kissed me, out of nowhere," Mal says, taking a deep breath before explaining.

"I was walking down the stairs and he grabbed my hand and said, I know you like me and it was really hot like I'm still blushing omg, anyway then he was like, you're cute and stuff and then he kissed me," Mal says, hurriedly.

"Cute and stuff?" Rosie says, clearly confused like we all are.

"It happened so fast so I couldn't really remember what he said but it was something about liking me for a while now, ever since last year or something. He said that he wanted to ask me out to formal but he thought I didn't like him as well which is sooo funny," Mal continues. I am so confused but the worst part is that Mal never lies, she exaggerates a lot sure but lying is not something she does, EVER.

"Did you fall asleep during class again Mal?" Amara asks.

"No, surprisingly enough this wasn't a dream," Mal replies, squealing again.

"So are you too a thing now?" Rosie asks, grinning widely. Rosie and Marnie have been a couple now for a while, ever since the dance but no one except for our group knows it.

"I think so," Mal says, looking so out of breath and excited that she looks like she is about to explode. I look at Amara who has been looking at me this whole time. I stay quiet for all of the conversation before silently leaving and going to find Miles. Amara gives me a final look meaning "Good luck".

"Miles," I say quietly, coming up behind someone and tapping them on the shoulder.
"Um," Some random guy with curly hair responds as he turns around.

"Oh sorry," I say awkwardly, running/shuffling away from the situation.

"Did you just get me mixed up with Anthony?" Miles says, as he comes up from behind me, a smirk on his face.

"Wait what? Did I walk past you?" I laugh in confusion.

"Yep, I was following you down the hallway for a little too long for it to not look like stalking," Miles smirks. I chuckle before becoming serious.

"Um, can I talk to you?" I ask, hesitantly. I feel extremely sweaty, nervous and queasy, am I going to throw up?

"Yeah," Miles answers casually, waiting for me to speak.

"Oh uh...like in private," I say.

"Oh?" Miles smirks, completely misreading my signs, like he did last time.

"No you idiot," I roll my eyes.

"Damn," Miles says, looking down in mock disappointment.

I pace up to my dorm room door and quickly enter, I let out a deep breath which I had not realized was being held.

"Um, so Mal doesn't lie like ever because It's like her main pet hate but she told me something that I really don't think is true and I'm confused. I don't know how to take it," I start, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with Miles who is shifting his weight from left to right as he stands there looking down at me, hands in his pockets.

"What is it?" He asks, slightly annoyed.

"Did you kiss Mal?" I blurt out quickly, trying to get the question I was fearing out of my head. I feel like I shouldn't have even asked him, it's not like it's true.

"Maybe," Miles says, looking me dead in the eye, no remorse to be seen. My face drops to an icy glare.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I scoff.

"Well maybe is the in between answer of yes and no," Miles says explaining it to me like I'm dumb or something. I grab his shirt with my left hand and bring him extra close to my face so that he knows I'm not joking around.

"Ok fine, I did kiss her," He says, rolling his eyes.

"What the fuck Miles! Why?" I shout. Literally every emotion known to mankind starts to overcome me. What did I possibly do to bother him? Did he do this after we had the argument...no because I saw Mal before then, she would have said something.

"Some people just get bored sometimes," He says, smirking. He said that about why Diego cheated on Amara but I had never stopped to think that that was the case with us.

"Miles that's not ok, you can't just do that," I say, angry tears pricking at my eyes. Why would he say that, is he lying, is he covering up something else instead? Did Mal know we were together? Did he tell her? Should I tell her?

"Did you cheat on Harley because you were bored with her too?" I ask, bitterly.

"Calm down, you're always so dramatic about this stuff," He says, rolling his eyes and going to walk away.

"Have fun getting another girlfriend, I hope you don't get bored of her too," I say coldly as I push him out of the room with so much force that he falls backwards on his way out.

"If you can't tell I'm breaking up with you," I slam the door shut and lock it. I sit against it like the main character in the movies do. I feel Miles kick my door in frustration. I start to burst into silent tears. I grab at the clothing on my sleeves as I hug my knees to my chest and let the tears and snot get soaked up in the fabric of my poor uniform. I sit there, I sit there alone, I sit there alone until my ass goes numb and my eyes stop leaking.