Chapter 20 🫠

"Time to get out, any dead bodies we need to take care of?" The same voice who made the "Wouldn't be surprised if one of them is dead by now"  joke from before says. I swear to god when I find out who that is. Miles and I instantly separate, sure our feelings for eachother are strong but not as strong as our pride. We get up and almost teleport to opposite sides of the wardrobe. I sit down in an effort to make it look like I was waiting out the time. I can see Miles quickly fix up his hair. Light splashes across the floor and onto some clothes in a line which slowly fills the space around us. Amara is peeking in through the door and smiling at me.

"Sorry about Carter, he was probably being all loud and interrupting your individual moments of solitude," Amara jokes, I chuckle in response, I half suspected that it was him although I was quite preoccupied when he was speaking both times. I exit the wardrobe and Miles comes out behind me, I shoot him a secretive smile and he responds by looking almost shyly at the ground and then up at me again, smirking to himself. Yet again my friends flock to me, squealing and asking questions.

"Oh my god, surely you kissed him!" Mal says.

"Yeah, did you?" Rosie asks excitedly.

"Guys you know this, he isn't my type and I don't even like him as a person, do you think I would let him anywhere near me?" I reply, rolling my eyes and smirking.

"He literally kissed you like half an hour ago!" Mal exclaims.

"Fair point but I definitely didn't agree or want it to happen, also you're forgetting what dare he was doing. He kissed me because he hates me," I say, trying to rationalize with them, it isn't going well.

"Well even if you hate him, surely you at least talked or something," Amara says.

"All we did was insult each other a couple of times and then I'm pretty sure I dozed off after like two minutes," I say.

"We heard a crash sound though," Mal says suspiciously.

"Oh that," I laugh, "I tripped on a fallen piece of clothing when I was trying to make a point of sitting far away from him and then I landed on a coat hanger, it felt like one of those metal ones as well, it still hurts," I lie, surprised by her suspicious reaction.

"Damn, I think you just crushed my dreams of playing this game. Wait can the bottle still land on Miles again or will it not count?" Mal asks as we all settle back into the circle. No one answers her, ha good...I'm not jealous or protective or whatever! 

After about an hour, I decide I want to go, I have A LOT to think about. Mal had spun the bottle and It landed on a guy called Jack Manglatov. I never really talk to him but he is kind of attractive even if he isn't "popular."

"I'm getting so tired, I literally fell asleep in there," I say, gesturing to the cupboard with my head. 

"I'm gonna go now guys. Tell me any juicy stuff that goes on tomorrow," I say as I get up and leave. Many people had left throughout the first two games so it wasn't weird if I left now.

"Bye girl," Amara says.

"Night," Allegra waves at me, I wave back and exit the room. Phew, that was so exhausting. I start to walk down the hallway when I hear the door to Diego's room creak open behind me. Miles comes running out of the room. He rushes up to me and doesn't slow down. I stop myself from flinching when he stops directly in front of me, arms already on my waist, right now I don't care if anyone can see, (I mean it's like 1 am so not many people are up.) I kiss Miles lightly on the lips before bringing him to my room. I need to talk to him before we get back together, are we already back together?