Chapter 36 😊

"Heyyy," Matteo and I say in sync as we jog over to eachother. We greet eachother with a quick hug before immediately sitting down at a table so that we can talk.  

"So, I'm gathering by the smile on your face that you and...Miles are together," He smiles, raising his eyebrows at me whilst I take a sip of my drink which the waiter had brought for me.

"Keep it down I might know people here," I smirk back, looking around nervously.

"Oh, you mean that chick with the dyed hair?" Matteo laughs.

"Wait what? How did you know who I was slightly referring too?" I ask, astounded.

"Relax. You talked about her to me the first time we met and I saw her eying you off when you were on that date with your lover boy," Matteo shrugs. 

"It wasn't a date," I say in denial. 

"That's not what Miles was telling people," Matteo smirks.

"People? Plural? Plural people...he told plural people he was taking me on a date!" I ask, entertained by the idea that Miles talks about me to others. 

"Well he told some guy who works here, I think it's the same guy who was serving you," Matteo goes to explain.

"Ohhh that's why he winked at Miles," I nod my head in understanding.

"Jasper winked at Miles?" Matteo repeats although I found it weird that he knew the guy's name. 

"Yeah, why? How do you know him?" I ask.

"Jasper and I knew eachother a while back, we don't talk much anymore though," Matteo says sheepishly.

"You used to date," I state, a knowing smirk on my face.

"SH! Yeah we did but no one here knows that," Matteo whispers. 

"Oh ok, so you got jealous when I said he winked at Miles?" I ask.

"Well slightly, I mean...Miles is-"

"super Hot," I finish.

"Not MY words but yeah," Matteo laughs.

"Are Miles and Jasper friends though?" I inquire since I am still hung up on Matteo's use of the word people, I mean how many people was he insinuating Miles told. I know it's weird but what if people from school found out? Would the bitchy girls from school get all pissed and grudgy at me for it? It's unlikely that they would know but the idea of me walking down the hall and being scowled at daily is super nerve racking to me.

"Yeah they are, I mean Miles kind of knows everyone here, he didn't know me though because I kind of stayed in the background since I hate socializing with too many people. Anyway Jasper ended up telling my friend Thomas, remember the one whose Dad works here? Yeah well Thomas and I were chilling at his house and he told me about Miles' apparent 'hot new girlfriend'. I told him I knew you and yeah that's about it," Matteo finishes. 

"Damn 'Hot new girlfriend'?" I laugh.

"His words exactly," Matteo rolls his eyes as we laugh and drink some more. 

"Wait so why was he even telling people that we were together when I broke up with him like more than a month ago," I say, finally voicing what was on my mind.

"I don't even know, he must really like you though because every time a girl tried to flirt with him he used you as an excuse for them to leave him alone plus he has always been hella protective of you," Matteo smirks. I laugh nervously at the thought of him staying 'loyal' even when I dumped his scrawny ass. Guilt settles in my stomach but I have to quickly remind myself why I had to break up with him and all of the arguments and issues that had occurred on a daily basis.