Chapter 21 📕💥

Three weeks or so later I received an envelope from Flora, it had a little crying pink flower on the front and a little neatly handwritten message inside.

Hi Issy,

I hope you're having fun at school and that Miles sees the letter I wrote to him too, I hope you are ok. I just wondered if Miles told you about Quint because he died, which is really sad, Miles wouldn't come out of his room and play for ages. I hope they aren't giving you too much homework. Also my new nanny is coming in a couple of months, her name is Kate. Maybe you will meet her soon.

-From Flora (Miles' sister)

I smile down at the letter, even though it mentions Quint's death I still find it heart warming that Flora wrote to me. I sat down and wrote a reply to her. It took me about ten minutes because I kept resisting the urge to say good riddance whenever I went to write my condolences in regards to Quint's passing. Every time I went to bring it up with Miles he just froze, numb almost, he shut me out instantly. I felt so helpless, all I could do was let him heal with time. Losing Quint made Miles way more snappy towards me, less patient (not that he ever was) and sometimes even violent towards others. It was becoming clear to me that he isn't actually popular amongst all of the boys, most of them see him as a freak except for Diego, Carter and a few others I have started to become aware of. The girls however, talk about him constantly. The popular, hot girls even like Miles, though Brianna has an obvious crush on Carter, thank god because I could not bear to tolerate her voice flirting with him at his locker everyday. 

Mal actually tried to flirt with Miles this morning which fuelled the friendship group conversations for the day. Amara and I making secret eye contact, Allegra listening in, Tilly trying to catch all the deets, Rosie and Marnie making eye contact occasionally. All I really remember from the conversation was...

"Wait so you dropped your books in front of him and he picked up one of them and handed it to you?" Amara said, trying to act normal and not at all like she is in on something that no one else knows.

"Yeah! He basically told me he likes me, it's pretty obvious," Mal had explained, smiling and clutching the book that Miles had given her back.

"Did you tell them?" Miles ask, casually walking into my room.

"What? Who?" I say, looking at my confused looking boyfriend hovering around my room.

"Your friends, one of them was acting suspicious today," He says, pacing slightly.

"Miles close-" I say irritably before standing up quickly and shutting the door which he had left wide open.

"Was it Mal?" I ask, sitting down once again in my chair and trying not to smirk. I feel like it is horrible to tell him she likes him but maybe I should. A strong part of me wants to tell everyone that we are together since Amara, Miles and I kinda kept it a secret and I really want to assert dominance so that everyone else would stop shrieking about how hot he is and how they want to date him (and other stuff).

"Yeah, she dropped her books in front of me and was eying me strangely," Miles says as If he is in on some gossip and he is sharing it with me.

"God it's funny how oblivious you are," I smirk.

"I'm not oblivious. I know she likes me but it was something else," He says.

"It felt like she was testing my loyalty or something," He says, clearly overthinking the situation. Also I am kinda surprised he knew she likes him, I mean it's obvious as fuck but still.

"Well I didn't say anything, maybe Amara did," I shrug.

"I-but...aren't we keeping us a secret?" Miles says. My heart beat weirdly for a split second after he said "us".