Chapter 3-Letters and invitations

"Because you're stupid and annoying. You're arrogant and a bully, you don't know how to stop when you need to and you're too immature." I looked over to see James Potter looking heartbroken. He mumbled something and then left the great hall.

Emily hexed Lily Evans and then left.

"Well that was interesting." I mumble.

"Wonder what that was about." Pandora said as she walked up to us.

"I'm sure it's just Evans rejecting Potter again." Barty says bored.

"I'm gonna go now." I walked out of the great hall and found a bench that I could sit on.

I pulled a letter out of my pocket and reread it for probably the 5th time.

'Regulus,

I'm sorry but you will have to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas. Your father and I are going to be busy. I want you to start thinking about the offer that was made to you over the summer. It would be wonderful if you accepted.

Your mother'

The offer. I don't want to be a death eater. I tore the letter up and tossed it on the ground. Tears began to fall. I hate myself. Why am I so weak?

"That's littering." I kept my head down to hide my tear stained face from Marisa.

"Sorry, I'll clean it up." I stayed still hoping she would just leave me alone.

"Why won't you look at me? Is it because earlier today when Clara said those things about you? I should have defended you. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I don't care what people think about me." Lie.

"You can trust me." She sat down by me.

"Ok."

"Will you look at me? I hate just talking to your hair."

"My hair is glorious."

"You sound like Sirius." For some reason I smiled at that.

"I don't want to be like Sirius." Another lie.

"Well you are anyways."

"Really? How?"

"The way you talk and walk. You look pretty similar to. You seem so carefree. You do have your differences too."

"Like what?" I still stared at the ground. My tears had stopped but I feared that the evidence was still there.

"Sirius' smile is practiced, it was made to get all of the girls to fall for him. Your smile is genuine. Sure you have a fake smile, but when you smile your real smile, it shows. Your whole face lights up and there's a twinkle in your eye. Sirius' eyes are more of a light gray, yours a bit darker and they tell a lifetime of stories."

I looked up in surprise and stared at her. She had a blush dusting her cheeks. She glanced over at me and then noticed my puffy red eyes and tear stained face.

"Oh Reg. Why have you been crying?" I hid my face in my hands.

"It's nothing. I'm just being silly. Please don't tell anyone."

"Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?"

"Yes, thanks for talking with me though. It was nice."

"Here." She pointed her wand at me and casted a spell.

"What did you do?"

"I just got rid of your puffy eyes and cleared up your face."

"Oh. Thank you. I'll see you around." I walked away from her heading to the common room.

"Regulus." Her soft voice called.

"Yeah?" I looked at her and she went bright red.

"I umm, Nevermind. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

~time skip~

I watched out of the great hall window. I could see the students heading to the train. What if I could just leave? Imagine if I just ran away. I could finally be free and do whatever I wanted. I could openly show how much I want to be around Sirius. I could be with Marisa.

"Regulus." I jumped at the voice and spun around.

"Oh it's just you."

"I just wanted to invite you to come with us for Christmas."

"You want me to stay with your family for Christmas?"

"No, I want you to stay with Me, James, Sirius, Julian, Nora, and Marisa at the potters."

"Why?"

"I don't want you to be lonely here." It's not like anyone would have to know. I thought to myself.

"I haven't packed."

"You don't need to. I'm sure Sirius would let you wear some of his clothes."

"Okay I'll come."

"Really? Yay! Come on!" She grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside. She's very similar to Marisa, no wonder they were best friends.