Chapter 11- old friends

We moved into our old home. Something called the Order of the Phoenix was started or remade. It was like a secret society that Dumbledore had started. I learned that James and Emily had been killed. I didn't know what happened to anyone else. Voldemort had returned. I could feel my mark burn.

I hated sitting in some room upstairs. I decided to go downstairs and wait in the living room. Obviously I stayed a hippogriff, nobody could know I was alive. I layed on the couch waiting for the meeting to end.

The door to the kitchen opened and people filed out.

"How would you like to stay for dinner? Harry is here now." I heard Sirius' voice.

"How is Harry?" That voice. It's so familiar.

"He's doing his best."

"I think dinner sounds nice."

I stood up off of the couch and walked towards the kitchen. Who is that?

"Buckbeak!" Someone called from upstairs.

"What? Is something wrong with him?" Sirius called back.

"He's gone!"

I walked into the hall and nudged Sirius.

"I found him. What are you doing down here?"

"He's beautiful." I turned and saw her.

She aged very well for fifteen years.

"Careful. You need to get him to bow." Harry said from the doorway.

Before she could bow I rubbed my head against her arm.

"Or not."

"Hi Harry. How are you?" She asked as she pet my head.

"Fine. Who are you?"

"My name is Marisa. Your mum was my best friend. Emily was my other half. You remind me so much of her."

"Everyone says I look like my dad."

"Oh you do, very much. I mean the way you stand and talk. Your eyes. You may look like your dad, but you are like your mum." Harry smiled.

"Thank you."

Marisa sat on the couch and I laid at her feet.

"I've been wondering, why aren't you on here?" Harry pointed to the wall with our family tree.

Sirius walked over to it and pointed to the place where he used to be.

"I was disowned. Blasted off. So was my cousin Andromeda."

"Is that Malfoy's mum?" Harry pointed at another spot.

"Yes. Narcissa Malfoy."

"Who is this?" He pointed at another spot and Sirius looked teary eyed.

"My brother. Regulus Black."

"He died? How?"

"He joined the death eaters. When he was sixteen years old." I stared at Sirius. I wish I could tell him.

"Was he bad?" Sirius paused for a bit.

"We all have both light and dark inside of us. It just depends on which part we choose to act on. He chose dark." No I didn't. Please understand Sirius.

~time skip~

"I want you to reveal yourself to the Order." Dumbledore said.

"Are you crazy? They'll hate me." I protested.

"It would be better for both you and Sirius. He's going crazy being alone. He needs someone with him."

"He won't want me around. He believes I died a death eater, killing muggles."

"I'll be expecting you to reveal yourself at tonight's meeting." He left.

Later at the meeting I laid on the floor by Sirius and Marisa's feet.

"We have a new member, he will be joining us tonight." Dumbledore looked straight at me and I shook my head.

"Buckbeak." Everyone looked at me confused.

I stood up and walked to the front of the room. I changed into a human. Sirius and Marisa stared at me with shocked faces.

"So you're not dead." Snape drawled.

"Obviously not." I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall.

"So what? You just planned on never telling anyone?" Sirius looks furious. "Do you know how many people have been heartbroken over your death?"

"Why would anyone care? Besides, it's not my fault. I've only been awake for two years now."

"Regulus was in a coma for 15 years." Dumbledore explains.

"He's a death eater. He has the mark."

"So does Severus."

"How long were you planning on keeping this a secret?" Marisa asks.

"I didn't want to tell you guys because I knew how you would react. If you never knew, I wouldn't have to disappoint you again."

"Well, it sucks to be you." Sirius stormed out of the room. I followed him and yelled.

"You don't think I know that? I've hated who I am for my whole life."

Sirius stopped and turned around. "Don't try to make me feel bad. Your life was perfect."

"Right. Because I was always stuck in your shadow. You had a way out and I didn't. You had amazing friends who loved you. They took you in. All of my friends had the same problems that I did. I had to constantly fight the negative thoughts. So many times I wanted to give up. I was forced to join the death eaters. I decided that I would do whatever I could to stop Voldemort. So I made him trust me. I learned his secret and yet I failed. So I know it sucks to be me! I hate myself!"

A tear ran down my face and I left. I walked straight out of that house and flew away. I don't need him. I don't need anyone. He doesn't know anything.

I flew to Azkaban and searched all of the cells. I found Barty and he stared at me confused. He looked crazy. I broke the cell and all of the Dementors began surrounding us. Barty climbed on my back and I flew off. Some of the dementors followed us. After I finally lost them I landed. Barty climbed off and looked at me confused. I changed into myself and smiled.

"I'm sorry, I need a friend."

"Regulus? You're dead."

"I didn't die. I was in a coma." He pulled me into a hug and began laughing. I joined in and we sounded like a couple of crazy guys.

"You realize I'm crazy right?" He asked and I smiled even bigger.

"You always have been. Where's Evan and Dora?" He stopped smiling.

"They're both dead. I don't know how either were killed."

"I think Dora has a daughter. I saw her at Hogwarts."

"She does."

"What about all of Marisa's friends?"

"I think one of them died."

"How?"

"Nora was seen as a blood traitor."

We caught up for a while. I explained that I had to bring him back to azkaban. He seemed okay with it. After I brought him back I returned home. I snuck into my old room and locked the door.