Chapter 13- Back to the snake

I sat in the library surrounded by books. Okay, if the first Horcrux I found was Slytherin's locket then that means that the others probably have some kind of meaning to them.

I grabbed the book Hogwarts a history and scanned the pages about each founder.

They all seemed to have something important to them. Ravenclaw's diadem, Hufflepuff's cup, Gryffindor's sword and Slytherin's locket. I need to focus on the locket for now. Mundungus Fletcher.

"Would master Regulus like a drink?" Kreacher asked, holding a butter beer.

"Yeah. Why don't you join me?"

"If master Regulus wishes so."

Sirius walked in and plopped onto the couch next to me.

"The kids are all off to school." He sighed.

"Good. It's too loud with them."

"What are you researching?" I hesitated debating whether or not I should tell him. In the end I decided I might as well.

"Horcruxes."

"What's a Horcrux?"

"You can split your souls and place part of it in another item, that's how Voldemort is still alive. I have no idea how many he has created, but I found one. It's hard to destroy though."

"Where's the one you found?"

"Mundungus Fletcher stole it."

"I can get him, master Regulus." Kreacher said proudly.

"Shut up." Sirius said.

"Be nice Sirius. That would be great Kreacher." Kreacher disappeared.

"Great, we're never going to get that locket."

"I believe in Kreacher."

"How many Horcruxes do you think he has?"

"More than one, that's for sure. I can't say exactly how many though."

"You two are crazy." Marisa walked in the room followed by Julian.

"What?" I asked.

"You nearly died and the first thing you do when you don't is go start risking your life again." Marisa said and sat down on the floor in front of us.

"We're trying to stop Voldemort. If I die in the process, so what?"

"So what? Think about how others would feel."

"I have. Evan and Pandora are both already dead and Barty is in Azkaban. There's nobody else who would need to mourn my death."

"What about Sirius? He was so heartbroken last time. He didn't eat or talk to anyone for a week straight." I looked over to see Sirius staring at the floor. "He blamed himself for your death."

"Why would you blame yourself?" This was confusing.

"Because, if I had been a better brother then maybe you wouldn't have become a death eater. If I had made you leave that stupid house then maybe, maybe."

"It's not your fault. You tried to help me, but I was too scared. I couldn't stand up to her. It's not your fault and you better never blame yourself for something like that again."

"Marisa missed you too. So did I. We all did." Julian added.

"I promise I'll do my best to not die, but I can't stop what I'm doing. I have to stop Voldemort."

"You're an idiot. This isn't your responsibility, let us help." Marisa began crying.

"You guys have too much to risk. Julian, you have a daughter who needs you, Harry needs you, Sirius, and Marisa, you have a full life ahead of you."