Chapter 9-Return

~15 years later~

I open my eyes to see a white ceiling. I look around and notice I have cords hooked up to me. There's a steady beeping around me. I have to stop Voldemort. I need to destroy the Horcrux. I yank the cords off of my arm and the beeping goes crazy. The door opens and lots of people come running in.

"He's awake."

"Sir, do you remember your name?" One lady asks me.

"Regulus Black." My throat hurts. It feels as if I haven't spoken in forever.

"You were in a coma for 15 years." My head begins to spin. 15 years.

"I need to go." I stand up and everyone looks at me shocked.

"You just walked."

"I've been walking since I was two."

"It shouldn't be possible. You've been in a coma. Usually patients wouldn't be able to walk for at least another year."

"Guess I'm special. How did you find me? I remember dying."

"You washed up on shore. There was lots of water in your lungs. Do you have any family?"

"No." I have to get out of here.

"You'll need to stay overnight while we figure something out."

As soon as people stopped coming in and out of my room constantly, I aparated to the only place I knew I could go. I stared at number 12 Grimmauld Place. I knocked on the door and no answer came. I broke through and walked down the hall.

"Who's there?" My mothers shrieking voice called.

"Mum?" I asked.

"Regulus? You're dead." I walk to see her poster.

"I assume you are as well."

"Yes. I died just after you. How are you there?"

"I lived. Is anyone else alive?"

"Sirius is in azkaban, Narcissa is married, Bellatrix is also in azkaban." Sirius.

"Why is Sirius in azkaban?" My voice shook.

"He killed One wizard and 12 muggles." I leaned against a wall and ran my fingers through my hair.

I need to talk to Dumbledore. I don't trust him, but he can make sure I'm safe.

I run up to my room to find it exactly how I left it. I pull on a cloak and head towards the door.

"Who's in there? You're not allowed in there." The door swings open and Kreacher is standing there.

"Kreacher!"

"Who are you?" I pull my hat off and he looks shocked. "Why do you look like master Regulus?"

"It's me, Kreacher."

"Say something only Master Regulus and Kreacher know."

"Everyone thinks that I died by Muggleborns, but you think I died in the cave after drinking the poison. You switched the real locket with a replica that I made."

"Master Regulus! You survived." Kreacher hugged my legs.

"Where's the locket?"

"Mundungus Fletcher has broken into our home and has stolen it."

"I need to go Kreacher. It's good to see you."

I apparated to Hogsmeade and walked towards the Hogwarts gates. The gates were being guarded so I had to keep hidden. I watched from a distance as students filed in. They were searched as they entered. There was one boy who looked just like James Potter. Maybe he had a kid. I smiled, happy for him and Emily. I wonder what happened with everyone else.

A girl that looked exactly like Pandora walked by.

"It won't do you any good to hide out here." I jumped at the calm voice. "Who are you?"

I turned around and looked at that old familiar face. I pulled my hood off and stood straight.

"Regulus Black."

"You're alive. Follow me, oh and put your hood back on."

We walked through the crowd of kids. They all looked at us curiously.

"Run along Potter. Your bag is searched." James did have a kid.

We got to Dumbledore's office and he offered me a seat.

"I assume you heard the way I died."

"Indeed, but it was clearly wrong."

"I thought I was going to die. I ended up in a coma until recently. I was trying to stop the Dark Lord."

"I see. How would you do that?"

"Learn his weakness."

"And did you learn any?"

"No."

"If any death eaters learned that you are alive, you would be hunted."

"That's why I've come to you."

"I think I have a solution. You will need to become an animagus and then you can stay here at Hogwarts."