Epilogue

I sat up to the kitchen table as everyone else laughed and talked in the sitting room. They all seemed so happy and relaxed. I rubbed at my death eater mark. As I heard footsteps coming toward the kitchen I quickly pulled my sleeve down to cover it.

"Why don't you come join us?" Sirius hadn't noticed me pull my sleeve down.

"It's fine. You guys are having fun."

"You should join us. You're a part of the family." I laughed to myself and self consciously rubbed my arm.

"You only have it to help. You did what was needed to win. You can just find someone to get rid of it."

"It's permanent. I can't ever get rid of it."

"Then don't. It doesn't matter we all know why you have it. Come be with us."

"I don't belong with you guys. I'm just waiting for Barty. We're going out to celebrate."

"Shouldn't he be arrested?"

"He helped us. He was working with me. If anyone tries to lock him up I'll kill them."

"Great idea. Then that way you can both get locked up."

There was a knock on the door and I quickly went to answer it.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Where are you going?" Marisa asked from behind me.

"We're going to celebrate. I'll be back tonight." I kissed her goodbye and we went on our way.

"You and her? I honestly never would've guessed. How long have you been a thing."

"Not very long, although I did like her back at Hogwarts."

"Of course you did."

For the first time in my life I was happy. Truly happy. I has the girl of my dreams, my brother was happy to be around me and my best friend was by my side.