Chapter 8-The cave

I had just graduated. I worked hard to gain Voldemort's trust.

"I have a special mission for you." Voldemort said.

"What is it, my lord?"

"Call your house elf."

"Kreacher." Kreacher appeared and bowed to me.

"Come with me."

We all apparated to a cave and entered it. We went across the lake with a boat. We each went one at a time. There was a stand in the middle of a rock. In the stand was a liquid.

Voldemort ordered Kreacher to drink it. He dropped a locket in it and ordered me to follow him. We apparated back to his Manor.

"You cannot repeat what you just saw to anyone."

I did tons of research on what the locket could be. I learned about Horcruxes.

I spent the next weeks thinking about how to stop this. Voldemort had to be stopped. Even if I die, I will stop him.

I ordered Kreacher to go to the cave and wait for me. I pulled out a piece of parchment and began writing.

'To the Dark Lord

I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B.'

I tucked the note into an exact replica of the Horcrux. I apparated to the cave and cut my arm. After placing the blood on the wall it opened up. I climbed aboard the boat and met Kreacher on the rock.

"I'm going to drink this. Kreacher, you need to take the locket and destroy it. Put this locket in it instead. I order you to leave me here and not tell anyone about this."

"And if they ask about your death?"

"Tell them I was killed while I was killing muggleborns."

I began drinking the potion. At first it wasn't too bad, just slight pain. The more I drank the worse it got. It felt as if my insides were on fire. I fought the pain and kept drinking. After the last drop was gone I dropped to the floor.

"Master Regulus."

"Take the locket." My voice was raspy.

Kreacher grabbed the locket and left. I stared off into the distance. My vision was blurry from tears. After the pain started to die away I stood. I felt wobbly and almost fell back down. I need water. I stumbled over to the water and grabbed some in my hands. I brought them up to my mouth and drank. My insides calmed and I could breathe normally again.

I reached for some more water and something grabbed my arm. I yanked it back and out came a rotting corpse. I shook it off and more began emerging from the water. I began casting spells trying to keep them away. There were too many and they all began dragging me towards the water. I tried fighting but it was pointless as they dragged me under. I fought to get up to the surface. My vision started becoming spotted. It felt as if my head was about to explode. I need air. I let my breath out and felt water pour into my lungs. Everything went black.

~3rd person POV~

Pandora, Barty, and Evan stared at the house elf.

"He's actually?" Pandora mumbled.

"No he's not! How dare you lie?!" Barty yelled and threw Kreacher.

"Barty." Evan put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'll kill every Mudblood. That's a promise." Barty began crying. He had lost his best friend.

They held a funeral for Regulus. Many had attended, including one Sirius Black. He stood in the back and mourned the loss of his little brother. 

~Sorry this chapter was super rushed.~