Chapter 17-giants and kisses

"You have to be careful with giants, they like to tear apart anything that upsets them." Rodolphus said.

We walked towards the giant that seemed to be the leader. We set down a bunch of random magical objects and backed away a bit.

"We offer you these items in hopes that you will support us. We ask that you join our side of the war. Join the dark lord." Rodolphus announced.

The giant stared at the items before answering loudly.

"And why should we join you instead of the other guy?"

"We can offer you freedom. Equality. Wizards would have to accept you into society."

"We'll consider it. Come back tomorrow with more stuff and we'll answer."

"Okay!" He said and then Rodolphus mumbled under his breath, "great ugly brute."

"Kill them." The giant said.

Instantly other Giants surrounded us and tried grabbing us. We shot spells at the giants trying to keep them away. One giant grabbed Rodolphus and ripped him in two. I flinched at the sight. I was grabbed and struggled to get away. This giant wasn't as kind to just put me out of his misery, instead it decided to have a little fun. The giant squeezed my arm until you could hear a loud crack and I screamed out in pain. I bit my lip fighting tears. I refused to cry.

Another giant yanked me away from the others and scratched its nails down my chest. The pain was excruciating. I let out another scream and the giants all began laughing.

"I want a turn!" One called.

"Rip his leg off!" Another called.

"Let him go!" One roared.

The laughter stopped and everyone looked for who was yelling. It was the leader and they all instantly backed off.

"You're strong. We will fight for your dark lord. You better keep all of your promises." I aparated to grimmauld place. I knocked on the door with my good arm. My vision began to blur due to loss of blood. I swayed and fell forward just as the door swung open.

~time skip~

I couldn't see anything but I could hear people talking. I tried to force my eyes open but they just wouldn't budge.

"How long has she been by his side?" A voice asked.

"The whole time. She refused to Leave."

"Has she eaten?"

"Yes of course. I made sure the house elf brought her food."

"And how is he doing?"

"Better. His arm is fixed but he'll have scars forever. His chest is stitched up because I can't heal it with magic without damaging his lungs."

The voices disappeared and then new ones took their place.

"He's been out for weeks, I'm worried." Marisa's sweet voice filled my ears.

"He's strong. He cheated death once, I'm sure he can again." Sirius' voice didn't sound positive but at least he was trying.

I tried to open my eyes again and this time it was easy.

"Where am I?" My voice was croaky.

"Regulus!" Marisa ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me.

I ignored the pain in my chest as I hugged her back.

"Glad you're alive." Sirius said with a smile.

Marisa pulled away and my breath caught. She had the biggest smile and there was a sparkle in her eye.