Chapter 21-The final battle

'My dearest Marisa,

By the time I send this to you the battle will be near end. Voldemort will soon be defeated. I want you to know that I was a spy for Dumbledore. I had to get information and I did. We will win and then we can get married like we promised. I love you so much. Every second without you is torture. I wish you was here with me but I know you would be in danger. Everything I have done was for you. Please don't hate me.

Love Regulus.'

I tucked the letter into my cloak and apparated outside of the ministry. I found a ministry official and stunned him. I used poly juice potion to look like him and entered the ministry. I nodded at anyone I passed.

"Bolton!" Someone called out and I turned to see Scrimgoure. "Yes, come on. The trial is down here."

Scrimgoure gestured to me and I followed. We all took a seat and waited. A door opened and someone with chains was dragged in, they were shoved in the chair. I couldn't quite make out who they were but there was something familiar about them.

"Barty Crouch Jr. You have been accused of being a death eater. What do you plead?" My heart stopped as Delores Umbridge read off the name.

"Innocent." Barty lied.

"Do you have proof? We have checked and you do indeed have a dark mark." Umbridge smiled hideously.

"Imperio." I whispered taking the people under my control. Their expressions went blank and I smiled.

"'Cause a distraction.'" I said to their minds.

They all started throwing books on the floor or imitating animals.

"What is going on? Settle down!" Scrimgoure yelled.

"You should have known you couldn't live long!" Barty called and I mentally slapped him.

"Give him to the dementors!" Scrimgoure called.

"Avada Kedavra." I said and pointed my wand at him.

People began screaming as my potion wore off.

"Regulus!" Barty yelled as someone grabbed his chains.

"Stupify!" I shot the spell at the man and he collapsed.

I got rid of Barty's chains and we began running out of the ministry. People were fighting us as we went, but most of the ministry was on our side. I saw Kingsley Shacklebolt and cornered him. I pulled him away from everyone else and knocked his wand away.

"Listen! You have to warn the Weasley's. The death eaters will be going there next."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Just send the message and then I will explain."

"Expecto potronum. The ministry has fallen, Scrimgoure is dead, nobody is safe." The patronus left and Kingsley turned to me.

"I was a spy for Dumbledore. Sirius isn't actually dead. I know how to defeat Voldemort, but I can't alone. He has Horcruxes. I don't know where they are but I will find them. You need to focus on keeping everyone alive and safe."

"Very well, but I don't fully trust you."

"I'm fine with that."

~time skip~

"Potter is at Hogwarts." Voldemort said with a glint in his eye.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"We will al go. It's time to fight. Call them all."

I pressed my mark and everyone began apparaating into the room.

"My followers! It's time for war. We will attack Hogwarts together!" Everyone cheered.