Prologue

In the peaceful city of Amity Park, nothing was out of the ordinary; nothing except the three-story house with the giant sign 'Fenton', accompanied by the different and alien metallic structures that surrounded the brick building.

Below the house, in a highly advanced scientific laboratory; 7 people were. The only two adults, known as Jack and Maddie Fenton; stood in front of a sort of deactivated portal.

Jack was large and bulky, with black hair with some white in the back and blue eyes. He always can be found wearing his signature orange jumpsuit with black gloves and boots.

Maddie was a curvy woman with shoulder-length auburn hair, deep red lipstick, and violet eyes. She always can be found wearing a blue rubber jumpsuit, along with black rubber gloves and boots. Also, she has a belt, which has a pouch for her equipment.

They held the two pieces of a black plug and were posing for the picture which was taken by a pre-teen girl.

She has snowy-grey short hair that was braided behind and reached the end of her back with a few uneven bangs framing her face and matching eyebrows. Her eyes were a bright pink and seemed to match her pale-pinkish skin.

She was dressed in a maroon t-shirt which stopped right above her belly button, a black jacket which stopped above her ribcage, dark blue jeans and black combat boots. She smiled as she took the picture and lowered the machine.

"Perfect Angelina! Now, be ready to take the picture once the portal is activated" Jack said with a big proud smile and some childish excitement.

The two famous scientists were as the world called them 'Ghost Hunters'. The woman is highly intelligent and talented, with the help of her husband, had invented all sorts of devices that could be used to catch Ghosts.

Their latest achievement was the 'Ghost Portal' which they were about to activate for the first time. Such discovery would be a breakthrough and allow them free access to the parallel world known as the 'Ghost Zone'.

"Can you do it already and get it over with?" the older teenager of the group said as she crossed her hands in front of her chest and tapped her leg on the ground.

Jazz had a similar facial structure and appearance to her mother, Maddie. She possessed aqua blue eyes and long auburn hair which reaches down to her hips. She also wore an aqua headband, a black long-sleeve V-neck shirt, aqua pants, and a pair of simple, black flats.

The excitement and smile didn't fade from Jack's face as he looked at his wife.

"Ready dear?"

"Ready"

The two of them connected the plug-in excitement as Angelina took a picture, of the still deactivated portal. Jack disappointed, tried again but nothing happened, and the girl lowered the camera.

Tears built up in his blue eyes as he rushed up the stairs, his wife soon following him in an attempt to calm him down. They had put in so much time and effort, yet the portal didn't want to work.

"I knew it," Jazz said and let out a sigh before walking up the stairs, leaving the 4 pre-teens alone in the basement.

"Well then... this was..." Tucker a brown-skinned, turquoise eyes boy tried to say but couldn't find the proper words without sounding mean.

He had black hair and wore black glasses. His outfit consisted of a long-sleeve yellow shirt, green cargo pants with a black belt, and brown boots along with a red beret.

"Disappointing" the other pre-teen girl in the group commented.

The girl known as Sam wore purple lipstick and had fair skin, violet eyes, and short black hair with a small ponytail at the top and the back of her head held by a green hair tie.