VII. Unexpected Prom Dates

"Hi, you," Paulina said and laughed flirtily. "I just wanted to..."

Dash suddenly slammed Danny into his locker and shut it, then leaned against it. "Meet me? Who doesn't?" the Bully said. Danny invisibly leaned out of a locker a few doors down and glared at Dash. "Dash Baxter. *Danny places his hands-on Dash's shoulders. They begin to glow and fall into Dash's back* All-star quarterback and school hero. *Danny gets sucked into Dash's body* I'm also—" Dash's eyes turned green and he dropped his football. "In Dash's body?"

"What... the... hell..." Lina whispered to herself as she realized that it was Danny talking but he was inside Dash's body.

"Excuse me?" Paulina asked confused.

"Right! Of course! *Paulina stares at him suspiciously* I'm also president of the Casper High geek club, and I have every toenail I've ever clipped. Want to see 'em?"

"No" the girl replied with a disgusted look on her face.

"Oh, then you should get to know Danny Fenton. He doesn't scrub his mom's feet every night like I do" Danny/Dash said, knelt and picked up Paulina's foot.

"Eew! Get lost, loser!" she shouted while backing away from him.

Lina tried very hard to contain her laughter, tears building up in her eyes as she had both her hands in front of her mouth, to ensure she remained quiet and did not give away her position. She didn't exactly feel nice seeing Dash being manipulated like that, but she couldn't help to think that he deserved it. 

Plus, it wasn't like he was forced to do something big. Just a little humiliation. She made a mental note to try this possession on Tucker.

Danny left Dash's body and invisibly went back into his locker just as Dash stood up and held his hand up to steady his head, disoriented.

"Why do I suddenly feel like scrubbing my mom's feet?" he asked and walked away while holding his head, having forgotten why he was there in the first place.

Paulina opened up Danny's locker and he fell out with a yelp. The dragon's amulet fell out of his backpack onto the floor as well. Lina's eyes widened as she turned invisible and headed towards them, trying to find a way to take it before it was spotted by someone else; especially Paulina.

The black-haired popular girl knelt to his level. "We have to stop meeting like this. *Notices the amulet* Oh my gosh! *Points to it* What's that? *Picks it up, entranced*"

Shit, Lina thought as she stopped midair and watched the scene unfold in front of her while she was unable to do anything, her mind not sure how to help her.

"That? Oh! Uh, it's a...uh... You like it?" Danny asked while smiling hopefully.

"It's beautiful!"

"Hey, that's great! *Paulina stands up* Because of I, uh, got it for you"

"Really?!"

"Yeah. *Stands up* I-I-in case I got the nerve to ask you to the dance and you said yes, I thought I'd want to give you something and that's what it would have been. It's for you" Angry, Lina grabbed his pants and made them invisible, but he grabbed them before they could fall; all while never taking his puppy-love-sick eyes off Paulina. "Whether you go with me or not"

"Well, you are kind of cute, and you have great taste in underwear. I'd love to go with you *Puts on the amulet*" Paulina then walked away, her eyes glowing green as the amulet's powers overtook her.

Danny smiled but then frowned. "What am I doing? That thing doesn't belong to me. It could be my mom's, or my sister's" he said and started to panic.

Paulina at the end of the hall, waving. "Bye, Danny. See you!"