XIV. Yard-Sale & Movie-Marathon Night

The next day, Danny had called Lina over along with Sam and Tucker. He was supposed to sort some stuff and find a way to earn the money he needs according to his parents. 

Seeing all the old junk parts his father refused to throw, gave him the perfect idea.

Now the four friends were behind a stand in front of the Fenton Workshop/House and were helping customers, interested in the many things that they had dug up from the dusty boxes.

Currently, Sam was busy trying to sell a toaster while Tucker was sitting on a chair behind the stand. At the same time. Lina accepted the cash from a lady who bought a random mechanical part. Then, she began to sort out the cash, not liking it as being messy and random.

Next to her, Danny was bought modelling one of the parts for Mr Lancer.

"It's a perfectly good vacuum motor, Mr Lancer. Only used once! *Mr. Lancer takes the motor* Ten bucks." Danny said, putting on an innocent smile.

"Looks to be in fine shape. This should fix my Hair Hornet very nicely." The teacher said and handed the money to Danny who passed them to Lina.

Tucker who was watching everything, decided to comment. "Hair Hornet? The crazy vacuum cleaner-slash-hair clipper *Miming scissoring motion with fingers* they sell on TV? Don't you need hair for that?"

The adult looked up at his bald head. "Good one, Mr Foley. I'll remember that on Monday when I'm grading tests."

Then, he walked away, and Lina snickered. "Oh, you are so doomed now."

A minute later and Sam approaches them victorious. She hands the money to Lina and turned to look at Danny. "Just sold a toaster. You know, I'm surprised your dad's letting you sell off all his stuff. *Holds up a remote* He's such a packrat."

The male halfa gives a nod. "Yeah, well, he's been planning on getting rid of this junk for a long time. He won't even miss it, I hope."

The female halfa glanced at him. "Keep hoping or else..." she did not have to continue the sentence to make Danny pale.

She did not want to torture him that badly but at the same time, she was still holding a grudge for the many times he dumped them for the popular group, who did not even know he existed until that stupid invitation.

Tucker grinned and opened a sun reflector to tan, as he leaned back on the chair. "I'm pleased with the turnout today. We're doing a brisk business."

Danny took the box with the money and started counting, only for his mood to drop. "I'm still twenty bucks short of what I need for those sweats" he then put the money in his pocket.

"You're still welcome *Tucker stands up next to her and Lina joins* to hang with us tonight. Mega-movie marathon at my place" Sam reminded him.

"Your place? Wow. You never invited us to your place before. I mean, only Lina has ever been there" Danny said and it was true.

Sam had a good reason she did not want to bring the boys to her house, and that was not only her parents but rather the economic situation her whole family was in. Lina was a different case but Sam did have the same fear until the first night the halfa came over.

After that, the two girls hang out many times. Especially when Lina needed a break from the Fentons or the boys in general. It also helped Sam have another female figure in the house, one not obsessed with pink and accepting her for who she truly was.

"That's because we're usually fighting ghosts with you. I figured it's time—" the Goth started, only to be interrupted for the third time.

"Hey, Fentina!" Dash yelled, standing at a nearby table. Danny quickly rushed to him.