XIX. Reunion Under Attack

The next day came and night arrived relatively fast. 

When Vlad was not busy trying to gain the attention of Maddie, he would spend time with Lina in his library. She was allowed to go there on her own and read, which she did for the biggest amount of time during the day. She had planned to do that during the night, not wanting to be around adults, who danced to old music.

Ironically, Jazz had found her isolation place, the screening room and she was busy watching football clips. That had left Danny alone, waiting bored with nothing truly to do other than watch adults dance around to old boring music. 

However, there were plans for both of them.

Lina was busy reading when her ghost senses went off. She looked around, trying to spot the source when she noticed three familiar ghost vultures phasing through the room.

"Not you again" she muttered as she places the book on the coffee table before taking her ghost form and following them.

She flew right after them and she was eventually led into what looked like a lab, only when she did look around; they were gone. However, the screen of one of the computers showed the words:

'Results Ready'

Her curiosity got the best of her and she landed in front of the keyboard and the big screens, wanting to see what this was all about. Was it wrong? Oh, that was certain but she had to know and she did promise to just have a small glimpse and leave it be.

Not to mention that despite Vlad's personality, she had yet to forget all those red flags she had noticed on their first day. Plus, if that ghost dream was more than that, perhaps it was connected somewhere or with someone in the castle. 

She tapped a few keys, knowing the basics after working with and watching Maddie for so long. Once the results the machinery talked about were shown on the screen, she could not help but gasp and cover her mouth with her hands.

She slowly backed away from the computer, wide eyes staring at the screen and what they had just unveiled in front of her red eyes. Suddenly, she sensed something behind her and she quickly dodged to the side by instinct. A pink ectoplasmic ray missed her by inches and she quickly turned to spot Plasmius levitating not far away.

"Fast reflexes. Good" he said, a smug smirk on his face and hands folded in front of his chest.

Now she was certain that she had not imagined that battle. 

How she got into bed remained a mystery to her, but now it was not the right time to wonder about it; for she had a very dangerous and skilled opponent to deal with.

"What is this?" she asked, confused as to why he was there and what were those results. She was not sure why she questioned him specifically but she was in too much shock to properly think.

"Impressive right? Ghosts and humans do not mix but halfas" he smirked and suddenly he turned back to Vlad, landing softly on the ground. "Those are a new category of their own"

"I do not understand," Lina said, lowering herself to the floor fully.

How did Vlad become a halfa? And a powerful one? How did that connection happen? She had so many questions in her mind, looking between the computer screen and him as if suddenly everything would make sense to her.

"Mistakes do happen Angelina. I paid for mine to ensure it would never come to life but..." he turned his back on her, looking at the screen. "Here you are. Somehow, you are like me...no, you can become better than me" he then turned to look at her. "You are different from Daniel, different from me"