XXIX. Training & Bonding between Father & Daughter

[A/N] - kept searching for a good picture of Lina, finally found one. It's so cute ♡.♡

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost 8 weeks passed for Lina. 

8 weeks that she spent time with her father and not seeing Danny or chasing down any ghosts. She contacted him often and he seemed to be handling it just fine without her there. Sam and Tucker also did their best to help him in any way they could. 

It made Lina relax a little bit and worry less. However, she did not have that much free time to worry. She, on the other hand, was busy with her own things.

Vlad was not joking when he said he would train her, and his training was nothing like the small obstacle course Sam and Tucker had made. No, his was merciless, taking place in the lab and even in the ghost zone. 

However, she would admit, his ways were effective. 

Lina learnt how to properly use her powers and with each use, she felt the confidence in herself returning. This confidence was soon her key to defeating other ghosts in the zone and holding her own against her father.

She was still far from his level, but she was getting better at surviving longer and delivering more effective hits. Like he had told her at their first meeting she had the potential to be much more and she started to believe it. The nightmares stopped, the mere image of Walker barely affecting her and she felt more like her old self. 

No...she felt like a new version of her past self, a far better one. 

One proud of who she was and one capable of attacks and ideas other ghosts could never see coming. As he had told her, she was one of a kind and that proved to be what she could use in a tough battle.

When the duo were not fighting or training, they would bond. As was proven before, they did seem to share common traits and hobbies. They spent nights in the library, discussing art and history, or having a talk about the latest political news. 

He tried to teach her more about his favourite team, and Lina tried her best to keep up but football did not seem to truly be her calling. Other things were, mechanics and robotics.

Just as Maddie had pointed out, Lina was a natural to that and Vlad was more than experienced to teach her even more. She helped him build certain stuff and she got also an insight into how different anti-ghost weapons worked. She even started to consider chasing it as a future job, placing her focus on inventions and machinery.

And he was not a bad father either. 

He was a nice figure to be around and she found to enjoy spending time with him. It was a welcoming change compared to the chaos of the Fenton's. She could finally have a deep discussion and enjoy some peace without hearing Jack's shouts about ghosts, explosions, or his latest invention.