XXVIII. The Aftermath of the Battle

The city was saved, and the evil plans were stopped but our heroes paid the cost. Their reputation amongst the people was tainted and destroyed. From the random ghost children that seem to help, Walker turned them into the Number 1 & 2 Enemy Ghosts of humans. They could survive that even though their motivation had dropped.

However, they both underestimated the damage Walker left on Lina.

From their first encounter, it was obvious that Walker enjoyed targeting Lina. Both as a means to force Danny to obey and also because she always tried to save her adopted brother from his claws. Slowly, the mighty Sherif of the Ghost World turned into the halfa's worst nightmare with his promises of locking her into a cage for the rest of her life.

When he had taken over the mayor and other important figures, not only did he manage to harm and terrorize her once again but also ruined the only thing that made her see the bright side in her ghost abilities. Now, she found herself fighting with the aftermath of all those actions and events. 

It all started as nightmares, haunting and scary ones. 

Lina would often wake up, scared and with her ghost-red eyes glowing. Sometimes she would shout slightly, quickly covering her mouth to muffle any more noise. No one would hear be able to hear her, no one but Danny being in the next room.

Soon, she had trouble sleeping even when she slept along with Danny. In the past, sleeping with him offered comfort but now, it did not affect her. Her lack of sleep, the constant negativity, the hate of the public for her ghost self and her paranoia took a toll on her. She started losing focus and control over her abilities. 

Danny thought she would recover from it, but only later did he realise the extent of the damage. It was when Danny tried to comfort her after a small paranoia attack in the middle of the night, and in her moment of shock, she almost shoot him with an ectoplasm, all because of the pure fear clouding her mind.

He was lucky he managed to avoid it, but it was now obvious that this could not continue for much longer. There was perhaps only one person that could help her now. This is how he found himself visiting the Master's Manor, despite knowing the dangers that came with that decision. 

Yet, for the sake of his sister, he was ready to do anything if it meant helping her.

He phased through the dark and empty rooms of the manor, making his way down towards the lab. The moment he phased through the roof and started to descend into the expensive and heavily equipped lab, he was immediately hit by his arch-nemesis, Plasmius. The force of the unexpected attack sent him crashing against the floor with a single hit.

"Came for a second round Daniel?" the older halfa asked, flying above him with hands folded in front of his chest, as his cape moved faintly. He was surprised to find Danny in his lab but he was ready to beat the kid up, once again, if he meant trouble. 

He did, however, keep his attention on his surroundings for any sneaky attacks by the other young Halfa.

Danny rubbed his stomach, the spot he was punched sore from the force as he looked at him. "No. I am not here for you. I am here for Angel".

"Oh?" he lifted an eyebrow and flew slightly lower, still expecting her to show up but it was becoming clear that she was not anywhere near. "And what exactly has Angelina done with this? Where is she?" he asked, using her full name just as he did with his.

The young Halfa stood up. "She is not here and she needs your help. After Walker's latest attack, she is not herself any longer. She doesn't sleep, she doesn't eat and loses control".

If Plasmius was affected by his explanation, he did not show it. 

He was aware of what had taken place with the ghost attacks and how Danny and Angel were declared public enemies. He would not lie, he was impressed by that plan and only later did he find out that the famous ghost chief named Walker was behind it.