XVIII. Meet Plasmius

While Lina tried to seize up their latest opponent and try to read him, her adopted brother decided to take the easiest approach.

"Oh, whatever. I was aiming for the birds, but you'll do," he said, getting ready to charge, clearly overestimating himself and at the same time, underestimating the scary ghost.

"Danny wait!" Lina said, spreading her hand to grab him but was too late.

Danny charged and tried to punch the new ghost only for his fist to be grabbed mid-air like it was nothing. He was just as surprised as his friend, only that he got flung hard against a wall. The force was strong enough to make him slid down the wall and land on a table, grabbing his head; feeling dizzy.

"You should listen to your friend, boy," the mysterious ghost said and looked at the girl.

She glared at him, both floating mid-air. He did not fail to notice how different she was from Danny, in terms of attitude but also appearance. While Danny was in a black suit with white gloves, boots...she was the opposite in colours. Where Danny had white hair, she had black. But what was odd were their aura and skin. Danny was tanned, having the usual green aura and energy that most ghosts had, including his eyes. L

ina, however, had a much different skin...a contrast of icy blue, with bright red energy.

They both stared at one another, judging and studying. Danny, though, had none of that and tried once again to attack him. In seconds, he was grabbed by the throat and was thrown down hard to the ground like a ragdoll.

"My vultures were supposed to bring the big idiot to me, but you two will do! Danny and Angel Phantom, right?"

"You...you know us?" Danny asked as the ghost headed for a wall, not planning to attack them again; not immediately at least.

"Because we certainly don't know you" Lina added as she followed him with Danny, phasing into Vlad's private library.

"You're the ghost kids who use their powers for good. How quaint. The name is Plasmius by the way" he said and smirked, turning to look at the duo. He then moved smoothly and fast, getting into their faces before flying around them. "Aren't you going to try to shove me into your ridiculous thermos? Or will you two take me down in some sort of ridiculous team-up?"

"I...I don't wanna fight you" Danny said as they both got on their guards since Plasmius had already proven he was not their average ghost opponent.

"No. No, you don't." A pink ectoplasmic ray was sent with precision at Danny, hitting and sending him crashing into a bookshelf.

"Hey!" Lina said, getting tired of seeing Danny being used as a punching bag.

Being careful be dammed, she was done trying to think of a plan. She instead, chose to go with what she had and improvise at best. Without wasting another moment, she charged at Plasmius, using her speed and momentum to land a punch. 

Plasmius was unaffected, not surprised she would use the same trick Danny did.

"Were you not paying attention?" he asked and went to grab her fist when his hand passed through her. At the same second, she had turned herself invisible and he narrowed his pink eyes. Scanning the room around her, he tried to pinpoint her when he felt it. By instinct and years of practice, he brought his right hand up, blocking an invisible kick to the side of his neck.

He grabbed the invisible leg and quickly tossed the figure to the ground, making her turn back visible and leave a groan. Lina was someone, who took hits quite well and had taken a lot of hits by other ghosts.

However, that one had a certain strength that made his attacks worse. In addition, she was pretty shocked that he sensed her while invisible.

"I am impressed. You are the most intelligent of the two" he levitated slowly at her, just as she was about to fully stand up.