X. Skulker: The Hunter

Amity Park Zoo:

One of the main exhibitions, the domed gorilla habitat was empty as night had fallen and all the visitors had left. Inside, the rare Gorilla, Sampson, stood and scratched his butt while our heroes were watching him.

They had taken over the observation tower, using binoculars to observe the animal and by they, it was only Sam, who had a fascinating interest in it.

"There he is, Sampson. So gifted, so...majestic" she said, watching him scratch his back for the 100th time in the hour.

The boys leaned against the desk bored while Lina had her eyes closed, but her ears were focused on her friends.

"Sam, we've been watching the gorilla scratch his butt for, um, how long?" Danny asked, turning to Tucker.

The said boy left out a yawn as he checked his watch. "Six hours."

Danny followed suit. "Time flies when you're majestically scratching your butt."

"It's only a matter of time before you find out something about Sampson, nobody's ever learned!" Sam argued.

Lina opened one eye, turning to look at her friend. "Even I doubt that Sam."

The goth just scoffed and turned to Danny. "You should go and try to communicate with him" however, she was only met with a sleeping Danny, causing her to frown. "Ugh, great. Tucker, you're his manager, can you—"

She cut short once she noticed Tucker sleeping next to Danny all curled up. Then, he turned and ended up cuddling with his friend. That caused Lina to open both eyes at the scene and hold back a laugh by covering her mouth.

She glanced at Sam, who grinned and grabbed the camera they brought, only to take a picture of them.

"I need a copy of that," she said, watching the now-printed picture in Sam's fingers.

"Boys hugging makes every yearbook funny," she said, tucking the picture in her back pocket.

"Yep"

"Come with me" Sam suddenly said, grabbing Lina's wrist and lifting her before dragging her to the Enclosure of the Gorilla.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Tiger habitat, the main apex predator and attraction of the zoo were fast asleep. At the space, Sulker phased and materialized while his binoculars looked from Lina being dragged by Sam to the sleeping Danny in the tower.

Unaware that the tiger had woken up and was ready to attack him

"Oh, please" the ghost voiced, barely seeing the animal as a threat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the Gorilla Dome, Sampson heard the growling and fighting noises which made him run towards them, as far as his enclosure would let him. He then noticed the two teens approaching, turned his attention to them and started to make distressed grunting noises to alert them.

"What is it, you wondrous being?" Sam asked as Lina watched around, feeling that something was odd. Sampson came over and continued to grunt at them, pointing towards the tiger habitat. "Is something wrong?" Sampson went to his habitat cage's door and hung off of it, still grunting in distress. "You want out?"

Lina snapped from her gaze to the tiger habitat once she heard the noise of something being unlocked. She followed the source, seeing the cage door opening and then immediately to Sam with the hand on the control panel.

"Sam!" she hissed, but before she could do anything, Sampson had run away towards the tiger habitat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~