XXVI. Chased

Once out of the school, the two Halfa came to a halt high into the air. They needed to catch their breaths and think, for they did not have a lot of time ahead of them.

"No matter what, we got each other's back," Danny said, making his sister feel a little better.

Taking a few quick breaths, she tried to focus on the battle. "Yeah...they can't take us down if we are together," she said as they waited.

They did not have to wait long before their enemy make his appearance.

First, it was Dash, who floated outside of the school in search of them. Quickly exchanging a look, the two Halfa charged together and tackled Dash on a car parked just outside the Nasty Burger.

The duo recovered just as the possessed Mr Lancer charged at them. He managed to knock Danny forward but his victory was short-lived as Lina punched him in the jaw and sent him flying back; away from her brother.

"Sorry, Mr Lancer" she muttered as she watched the possessed body of their teacher flying off.

She knew he did not deserve to be hit but at that moment, it was her and Danny or them. She had no choice and pushed any guilt she had away. She had to focus since the Principal had decided to attack them with an electrified grappling gun. It hit and shook both of them, making them kneel from the intensity and the pain.

Lina for a moment froze, remembering the prison and Walker but Danny only got pissed. He took the grapple, held it with all his might and used his newfound strength to protect his sister; to toss the possessed principal into a water tower.

As Lina recovered, a possessed Paulina found the chance to grab Danny. "You can't get away from me!"

"Wow. I waited for all puberty for a girl to say that to me and now it's a complete bummer." He said and flew quickly before tossing her on a billboard.

Lina stood up, only to feel a strong kick against her chest. She did not have time to react as one moment she felt the strength of the kick and the next, she found herself pressed against the wall. The cement and bricks behind her had cracked from the force, her body on fire from the impact and she swore she could feel a rib having been broken.

When her pink eyes opened up, she watched in terror as the possessed Dash marched towards her. His eyes glowed, reminding her which Ghost was in control and for a moment; she froze. If she had a beating heart, she was certain it would have been beating to unusual rhythms as fear overtook her body.

Thankfully for her, all this fear also kicked in her instincts and red ectoplasmic energy was shot from her eyes. It hit Walker on the chest, making him stumble back before he was tackled by Danny, who had come to save his sister.

He wasted no time to grab her wrist and quickly fly away, hoping to get some sort of headstart and think of something. They could not fight them all night and they did not have the same strength or number-power to stand a chance either.

As they flew over the city, a tired Lina looked down and once she spotted their house; an idea came into her mind. She started to float towards it, making Danny follow her.

He was confused about why they were heading there for a moment but then his mind caught up and his eyes glowed with hope. "Ghost Shield!"

Lina gave a faint smirk as they reached the entrance of the house. The duo wasted no time and pressed a button on the side of the building at the same time. It activated a familiar green ghost shield that forced their pursuers to a halt and kept the duo protected.

They let out a sigh of relief and turned back into their human selves. Lina stared at the possessed Dash a little longer, feeling those cold eyes of Walker staring back at her. She was knocked back into reality by Danny, who nudged her to go into the house.