Chapter 16

Tyra's POV

"What did this spoiled brat do now?" Bells asks the moment the shock wears off and anger takes its place. There is no humor in her tone and I don't find it comforting.

"You are.."

"I mean what else could we have expected from.." She starts stopping me mid sentence but one look at the hurt in Tristan's eyes has me speaking up again.

"Stop! You are wrong" I say in a loud and clear voice, but the strain causes me to go into a coughing fit. This immediately prompts both of them to reach for the glass of water near my bedside but Tristan grabs it quicker and gives me to sip on it.

"I'll be downstairs making sure you are set for the night," Tristan says and leaves the room quietly. I want to make him stay, comfort him, let him know that I don't think the way Bella accused him. Although before leaving he nods in understanding at me with a small smile on his face, as if he could read my thoughts.

Yeah you need to stop reading vampire books, my subconscious taunts me, and I choose to ignore it.

"When will you stop siding with them?" Bella asks the movement he is gone, taking his seat on the chair. I notice the rage is all gone and concern has replaced it. Her protectiveness over me is heartwarming but not at the cost of happiness of my other friends.

"And when will you stop accusing them without proof?" I counter back at her.

"You don't know.."

"Bells," I began with a sigh, "You promised to give them a fair chance," I cut her before she went into her defensive mode. Her shoulders slump in defeat and mine in exhaustion as I feel the beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

"What an awful friend I am, I didn't even ask how you are feeling," she sadly murmurs while facepalming herself.

"It's alright, although it would make me feel much better if.." I start, which causes her to sit with back ramrod straight , ready to jump into action to help me in any way she can, "If you go and apologize to Tristan for your words," I finish and a sour look comes on her face.

"You know what you said was wrong and it was hurtful," I try to nudge her towards correcting her actions and she begrudgingly agrees.

A triumphant smile makes its way on my face when she leaves. The Super Seven and Bella are both my friends, but from two different spectrums. I never wished for them to become best friends, that would be like expecting a miracle, but all I wanted was them to co-exist.

"Why do you look worse than you did in the morning?" a grumpy Austen pulls me out of my inner musings.

"Way to push a girl down when she is feeling sick," I grumble to myself, all my happy high washed away.

That's what happens when you fall for people who look like Greek gods, my subconscious further depreciates me but I have no energy left to argue so I simply turn my attention back to the boy who has been the lead role in many of my daydreams.

The tired look around his eyes from morning is still there, but I notice his jaw is tense and fingers clenched in a fist, annoyance was screaming from his whole body.

I wanted to ask what was bothering him but then all of Super Seven entered my room, with Bells and..

"Hey Ty! How are you doing?" Wren asks as he enters the room. A glimmer of annoyance passes on Tristan and Austen's face.

"Hey Birdie! I am feeling better," I reply with a small smile on my face but a wide grin makes way on his face.

"Well get ready to feel the best, as I am here," he jokes as he makes himself comfortable on my bed, and a grim look passes on everyone's face this time except Bella who just rolls his eyes at him.