12. Dilemma

Location: Dagon's Lair.

"Are you sure, you are fine, sister?" Y/N raised a brow.

"I am alright, Y/N. Its just-you know? I am going to miss her." Brenna stated sadly.

"I know, We both are. But, hey, she'll be back soon." Y/N said with an encouraging smile. Brenna smiled in return too. It didn't stick long on her face. Y/N now knew something is up but before he could ask anything, Alex yelled his name from the other room.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Alex called. Y/N rushed to the room to check on Alex.

"Are you okay?" Y/N asked.

"Who's this?" Alex asked as her fingers pointed towards a framed photo. Y/N walked closer to her while looking at the photo with a smile on his face.

"That is my mother and my father." Y/N said.

"They were both dragons too?"

"My mom was. My dad was an elf."

"What?" Alex was surprised.

"Yeah. They had a tough time convincing their parents to approve of their marriage."

"So your ancestors were all dragons except for your father's side? Alex asked.

"Mhmm." Y/N nodded. "And then They served as an example for true love." Y/N chuckled.

"Aww, thats so romantic." Alex awed.

"I thought you didn't believe in love or romance."

"Ofcourse I do. Why would you think so." Alex crossed her arms.

"Just figured, nevermind."

"Do YOU believe in love?" Alex asked.

"I...I don't know." Y/N shrugged.

"Oh, please. You can answer better than that. Tell me, Have you ever been in love?" Alex playfully hit Y/N's shoulder.

"Uhm-Well, My mother used to say- When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you. I have never experienced that, So, no." Y/N chuckled.

"Let me guess, You were four or five at that time." Alex laughed.

"How did you know!" Y/N laughed. They kept laughing and suddenly stopped. They never noticed how, but their hands were in each others. Alex looked up into Y/N's eyes who was already looking into hers. Alex's eyes widened slightly as she felt Y/N's other hand trying to grab her second hand. She pulled her hand away in a jerk before Y/N could grab it. He looked down in guilt and tried to pull his hand which was intertwined with Alex's. Alex gripped it tightly and turned towards him completely. She tugged her hair behind her ear and gently cupped Y/N's cheek. She licked her lips flirtatiously. Y/N closed his eyes and tilted his head very slowly. Alex did the same. There lips were about to meet each other but the sudden opening of the door startled them away.

"Alex..." Brenna trailed off when she saw both of them standing away from each other and looking here and there like they have done a crime. "What happened here?" Brenna asked.

"Noth-nothing." Alex chuckled nervously to which brenna scrunched her brows and crossed her arms.

"I was showing Alex this picture of our Mother and Father." Y/N said.

"Oh really? Then why is she standing so far away?" Brenna asked.

"I-uh-we-"Alex stuttered.

"You were looking for me?" Y/N tried to change the subject.

"Yeah yeah. Thanks for reminding. Alex can you please come with me?" Brenna asked.

"Sure." Alex said.