23. The Last stand.

Wizard world.

The moment Y/N crossed the threshold back into the mystic realm of the wizard world, he was met with a chilling sight that sent shivers down his spine. Perched atop a towering, gothic-style building was Nega, his dark silhouette contrasting ominously against the backdrop of the moonlit sky. There, he waited for Y/N, his form casting an eerie shadow on the ancient stones beneath him.

"Let's end this!" Nega hissed, his voice carrying a haunting resonance. His crimson eyes, slitted like a serpent's, bore into Y/N with an intensity that seemed to pierce the very depths of his soul.

Y/N, his resolve steeled for this inevitable confrontation, began to charge forward with the determination of a hero facing down an unspeakable evil. But Nega, as always, had a sinister trick concealed in the depths of his malevolence. In a flash of dark sorcery, he unleashed a surging wave of maleficent energy that instantly transformed the landscape.

The surroundings were bathed in an eerie, crimson glow, revealing the hidden horrors lurking within. Y/N's heart sank as the sinister illumination unveiled a nightmarish scene – a series of cages, suspended by dark magic, each containing a captive soul.

His heart clenched with despair as he saw Brenna, Tutor, Professor Crumbs, and several other wizards confined within those malevolent contraptions. Fear and desperation etched onto their faces, they reached out through the bars, their voices filled with anguish. Y/N's determination wavered as he realized the magnitude of Nega's cruelty.

"Brenna!" Y/N's anguished cry filled the night air, his eyes locked onto his beloved sister, who was trapped within one of the cages. His outstretched hand was met only with the cruel emptiness of the intervening space.

But Nega, seizing the opportunity to further torment Y/N, swooped down with a predatory grace. His dragon-like claws extended, and in a vicious and lightning-fast motion, he raked them across Y/N's face. Pain shot through Y/N like a searing bolt of lightning, and he cried out, his free hand instinctively rising to clutch his injured eye.

Brenna's voice, as she watched her sibling suffer, was laced with unutterable agony. "Brother!" she called out, her words trembling with the profound despair of witnessing Y/N's suffering.

Weakened and disoriented, Y/N fought to regain his composure. He stumbled towards Brenna's cage, his vision blurred by pain and rage. But Nega, who seemed to revel in the torment he inflicted, showed no mercy. With a cold and malevolent grin, he used his dark magic to push Y/N back into yet another cage.

The bars slammed shut, imprisoning Y/N in a maleficent cell of his own. His bruised and battered form trembled with anger and frustration as he gripped the cold, unforgiving iron. The agony of his eye injury served as a painful reminder of the malice that Nega was capable of.

"These cages can't hold me!" Y/N declared defiantly, his voice laced with the unwavering determination of a dragon's spirit. His one free hand shook the cage bars, the sheer force of his will threatening to bend or break the enchanted prison that sought to confine him.

Nega's laughter, a haunting and cruel melody, echoed through the night air. He reveled in the anguish and frustration of his counterpart, basking in the twisted satisfaction that came from witnessing the struggle of someone so closely connected to him.

"I know, Y/N," Nega taunted, his voice dripping with malevolence. "But for now, you have no choice. Once your cage shatters, all the others will die," he added, his finger pointing ominously towards the captive wizards held within adjacent cells. Their faces, twisted by despair, bore witness to the impending tragedy that loomed over them.