Twenty | Hit The Lights

"Why would you get a yacht if you can't swim, Dylan?" I yell over at him as I make my way through the party

"Why would you get a yacht if you can't swim, Dylan?" I yell over at him as I make my way through the party. We're currently in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with four yachts all full of people. People close to Dylan are on the main yacht such as Dre and I. I'm not sure how Dylan was able to get three more yachts out here, but frankly I don't care since this is where I'll be sleeping tonight.

The yacht Dylan bought from my dad has five bedrooms and Dylan said we should crash on the boat. I'm glad he came up with the idea "himself" since there is no ways I'm going home soon. I've been sleeping at Luke's for two nights now and my dad hasn't been worried. Norah sees me at school and I doubt she goes back to report to my dad.

"That's Captain Astor to you!" He yells back, putting a black, white and gold captain hat on. He then rolls his eyes at me before making his way to a group of girls.

People party on the yachts, their spirits soaring as they embrace the freedom and luxury of the open waters. The moon's light brightening the decks. Laughter and cheerful conversations fill the air, blending with the rhythmic tunes that come from the speakers before something changes.

The crowd goes quiet and 'Hit The Lights by Selena Gomez' starts playing from the main yacht

My gaze goes to the speakers where Dylan stands with the DJ's headphones over his captain hat and a pair of sunglasses resting on the bridge of his nose.

When he notices everyone stop in their tracks, unhappy with the music that's currently playing. "Fine! I'll change it!" He scoffs, putting on another song.

The deck soon becomes a vibrant tapestry of colors and energy with groups of people again.

I start to make myself through the crowd. Delicious aromas waft from the well-stocked bar, tempting my taste buds and adding to the sensory experience.

I grab myself a beer, walking in the semi-living room looking for something or someone entertaining. As the yacht glides through the crystal-clear waters, the rhythmic sound of waves lapping against the yacht's hull creates a soothing backdrop.

I hear cheers and howls left right and centre. Conversations range from heartfelt to playful, as the relaxed ambiance encourages open expression and authentic connections.

My stroll on this yacht doesn't stop until I reach the bathroom door. I push open the glass door, before locking it behind me.

I reach into my sock, pulling out a small bag of snow. I know that this packet contains a substance that promises me a temporary escape from the pressures of my life.

As my fingers clutched the packet tighter, I finally open it and pour the substance onto my phone that's crumbled up like the cookie on Luke's bed that I ate last night. I form three straight lines using a gift card I have in my pocket before bring my nose to it and inhaling the sweet euphoric substance.