Sixty-one | WHAT THE HELL

From the moment I woke up, I've been feeling nothing other than serotonin

From the moment I woke up, I've been feeling nothing other than serotonin. After the night I had, why wouldn't I?

Sure, I barely remember anything that happened because of the ecstasy that Nolan gave me, but I still feel fantastic. I'm walking on cloud nine.

As the first rays of dawn filters through the curtains and I bring the t-shirt over my head, I can't help but smile, feeling the gentle warmth of serotonin coursing through my veins, a residue of the joy from the night before.

The faint memories of laughter I shared with my friends, the exhilarating rush of dancing under the stars, and the comforting embrace of genuine connection fills my mind. It was as if every moment has been infused with an extra sparkle, leaving my heart light and my spirit buoyant. I'm eager to carry the glow from last night into my day ahead.

I begin to leave my bedroom, the sound of my creeping door doesn't seem to annoy me as much as it usually does. Looking left and right, I make sure no one is near until I hear the sound of my parents voices coming from their room.

I'm unable to see their bedroom door, but their voices are loud enough for me to hear. My mothers wailing is so loud that it can most likely be heard from outside of the estate.

I can't believe she's still crying. Normally she would be done by now and is already out spending all the money she possibly can to cope. I guess this year my birthday got the best of her. "I didn't want him, you- you ruined me." She cries.

My feet slowly take me to the corner that reaches my parents bedroom. I peep around the wall, seeing my father sitting on the floor outside of the locked bedroom door. "Well, if I could go back in time and change everything, I would." He says in a calm yet tired voice. "You don't get it!" She shouts back.

"You've taken the life I could've had and instead gave me Noah. You gave me a son I never wanted!" My chest begins to hurt upon hearing her words. It's heavy and make sit hard for me to breath. In an instant, their bedroom door hits the wall behind it and I'm assuming my father is inside the room with her. "Could you please calm down," my father asks her.

"That's not even the worst part about him!" She screams and I hear something crash which causes me to jump. "He goes out every night and we all know he does and- and we don't even know what he's doing!" Another crash.

"He could be shooting up with strangers in an alley and we won't know!" She yells which causes my heart to ache. "And it is all your fault!"

My lips form a frown and my eyebrows furrow as I continue to think about how she looked saying that. "My fault? Our son doing drugs is my fault?"

"Yes! Everything wrong in our lives has a common denominator which is you! It's always been you!" I shut my eyes, letting a tear run down my cheek. "Don't put the blame on me Fiona, you know I've done everything in my power to help him! If he's doing drugs let him do drugs because we can't help him-"