Thirty - three | Low

He knows

He knows. He fucking knows. How could he know? I'm hiding it so well. I've been hiding it for weeks and now he finds out. He finds out right when I need my stuff. My body is shaking and stiff as I wait by the counter for our coffee. Jesus, can they hurry the fuck up.

The minute Diego started asking if I'm using again, I knew that doing it again was going to be hell with him around. His eyes were going to constantly be on me and preparing the needle takes time. Time I don't have.

Thus, I've come up with a plan. Crushed. Up. Laxatives. Exactly four laxatives I would've done more, but I don't want to kill him. Stole these from anorexic bitch in our school. She should honestly hang out with Luke.

The drinks arrive, quickly I glance behind me to see Diego is sitting by one of the tables on his phone. I take this opportunity to pour the laxatives that I've been hiding in the palm of my hand into his coffee with some sugar.

I mix it quickly and walk over to him, handing him the hot cup. "You didn't get coffee?" Diego asks me. "I hate coffee. It tastes like burnt dirt." I say, taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

He picks up the cup of coffee and brings it to his lips. I watch him intently. His black eyes stay glued to his phone, all lazy and unconscious.

He pauses for a moment, as if there is something wrong with the coffee. He puts the cup down. My heart skips a beat, feeling uneasy. I clench my teeth so hard my jaw aches. "Did you even put sugar in here?" He grabs another sugar, ripping open the little paper packet and throwing the sweet delicate into his burnt dirt.

I let out a sigh of relief as he gulps down everything in the cup. Just then, the cafe door swings open and I immediately recognise the tall figure that waltz in. Soon another two figures follow behind. Luke, Casper and Dre.

"I just want to sleep." Dre says as he rests on Casper. Casper supports his weight while Luke talks to the waiter.

Dre told us before this trip that he's taking this opportunity to sleep in Paris beds. He doesn't plan on doing anything else especially since it's the only time he gets to sleep. Well, no one told him to have a kid so young.

It doesn't take them long to notice us. Casper grabs Dre and sits him on one of the chairs beside us. Dre takes this as an opportunity to rest his head and Casper sits in the other chair. "Hey, man." I greet him.

He jerks his chin at me as we all fall silent. Diego's eyes stay on his phone while Casper's wanders around the cafe.

I'm not a fan of the silence and it's quite visible. Reaching into my jacket pocket, I pull out a pack of cigarettes. I stare at it to see I only have three left. This won't even last me the night. I shake my head as I quickly put one in my mouth.

"Excuse me sir," Someone calls, but they're not calling me. They're calling Dre. Dre shoots up from the table and looks up at the stranger. Bringing his hands to his face, he quickly rubs away any visible tiredness. "I'm Evelyn Martel, founder of Martel Model Agency." She sticks her hand out for him to shake.