Thirty - nine | She Looks So Perfect

Oh, how I hate my itchy sharara

Oh, how I hate my itchy sharara. The pink, bling full outfit rubs against my skin, causing it to burn. My outfit isn't the only thing that's annoying me, my makeup is melting, I can feel my skin, I can feel my jewellery. Everything about my outfit not working, but luckily for me, the night is almost over.

My sisters future in-laws are here to plan the finishing touches of the wedding. They're currently enjoying the dessert my sister has made to impress them, but my sister is upstairs in the bathroom taking her sweet time.

With each passing minute, I have to keep the family entertained. As I speak to Ali and his mother, my leg bounces anxiously as time passes. If Shaziyah continues to hide in the bathroom, it'll leave a bad reputation.

This seems to worry my mother as well, resulting in her ordering me to go upstairs and find my sister.

I quickly do so, desperately wanting to leave this awkward atmosphere.

As I reach the top floor, I walk towards my sister's bedroom. I kick open the door, walking towards her bathroom when what I see sends shock waves down my spine, stopping me from moving. My sister on her bed and on top of her... a boy! Not just any boy! It's Rahul Asif. As in Shaziyah's ex boyfriend, Rahul. As in my family's least favourite boy, Rahul.

Rahul and Shaziyah went out since she was my age. The only reason the broke up, from what I've been told is because of cricket. My dad and Rahul disagreed on a cricket team and the relationship ended when she was 19 years old.

They hear the door hit the wall and they jump, their eye's immediately going to me. My sisters face drops as she stares at me in shock while Rahul looks away. I shut the door behind me, ready to lecture my older sister. "Shaziyah, your future husband is downstairs."

She begins panicking, adjusting her saree as she sits up straight. "Nida, please you can't say anything, I-"

"Is the wedding still on?" I cut her off, not caring enough about the affair. After all, the only thing I want out of this wedding is her 2cm bigger room.

She lets out a breath, looking over to Rahul. His eyes stare at her, slowly shaking his head. She tilts her head to the side, looking back at me with sorrow in her eyes. She thinks fora minute, desperately wanting to follow her heart, but knows that's impossible thus she nods her head.

Rahul's shoulders drop as he lets out a breath. Tears fill his eyes and a frown forms on his face. Rahul grabs his jacket with a huff, opening her window and climbing out. "Rahul, no, wait-"

He ignores her, reading to climb down the tree and never speak to her again. Shaziyah stares at the window and I can feel her heart ache. I know it's weird, but I can.

She stands up straight, walking towards her full length mirror to fix her saree and wipe the tears under her eyes. She lets out a huff and walks out of the room, pretending like what happened meant nothing.