1.

This story will be in Louis POV unless it says otherwise. Sometimes you'll see Harry's side but it's mainly going to be Louis.

---------------------

Sometimes things happen before you can stop them. Why did I let him run out that night? Why didn't I tell him who my crush was. I could have saved us so much pain. I could still have him. I'm sitting in my car waiting outside Liam's house. He's so slow getting ready for school. I'm scrolling through my cloud drive again and land on the last picture I have of the 5 of us. We were so young. So innocent. That innocence is gone now.

"Morning Lou."

"Good morning Li."

I click my phone off and toss it under the radio. I turn the music up and I don't miss his expression. Confusion mixed with questions he knows I won't answer. He saw what I was looking at. Who Inl was looking at. Liam was the only one to stay close to me after that night. I know I acted like a jerk afterward. I shouldn't have let Harry leave the house at 2am alone but I was confused. Everything I thought I knew had been turned upside down that night. I pushed everyone away. I became depressed and then angry.

"So what do you think?"

I look over at him. Was he talking? "About what?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes. "Nevermind." He looks out the window. Great now he's pissed at me.

The rest of the drive is silent except for the music. As we pull in the parking lot I see Zayne standing with his friends Nick and Lucas by his car. Liam and I get out of my car and start walking inside. I know he'll stay around even if I act like an asshole. I have one of my air pods in listening to my music. We just reach the doors when I freeze.

"Look. It's the gay couple of Doncaster Academy. Tell me Harry does Niall like it or is it just because he can't get any?"

"Keep walking Harry." I hear Niall's voice.

I turn my head and glare at Nick. Zayne is looking at his phone. Once upon a time he would have stood up for Harry. Now he's just silent. I feel someone grab my arm and pull me inside the door.

"Louis. Headmaster Cowell has already given you two in school  suspensions next you'll be expelled." Liam urges me inside. It's moments like this that make me feel like he knows more than I think he does. Liam was always the grown up of the group. The voice of reason. The protecter.

I don't fight against him. I glance behind me and see Nick throw Harry into a wall then hit him in the nose. Niall grabs Nick's arm but Zayne pulls him away.

"Let me go Zayne! Quit it Nick! STOP!" Niall's voice stays in my head all morning.

Liam guides me down the hallway knowing that this is not over yet. He knows what decision I've already made. He's preparing himself.

The day passes and I notice each time Harry moves in class and winces in pain. I notice his eye starting to swell and his nose that bleeds at times. I walk behind him to the cafeteria and watch him grab his food and go to the table where Niall is waiting. I want to help him but I can't. He won't want me too. I walk to my normal table and take the seat across from Liam. Eleanor takes the seat next to me and Danielle takes the one next to him. They talk about some party this weekend. Eleanor places her hand on my arm but I shrug it off discreetly. I wish she'd stop flirting with me. She's had a crush on me for years and I've let her down gentle. Maybe I need to just tell her that my heart has belonged to someone else for as long as I can remember.

I push my tray to the side and notice when Zayne and Nick disappear toward the parking lot. They always go for a smoke break after lunch. I grab my bag and stand up. It's time. Liam catches my eye and nods his head once.