32.

I placed the note on the kitchen counter. Someone would see it. 4 simple words written with my name underneath.

Went to see Niall. Louis.

That's all that had to be said. I waited an hour to make sure Harry was good and asleep before I slipped on my vans and grabbed my keys. Some would say only a crazy person goes to the apartment of the person who kissed their fiancé at midnight. I'm not crazy.

Fuck. Maybe I am crazy.

I just need answers. After this week Niall just kissing Harry made no sense. I take the elevator up to Nick's apartment and knock on his door.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Silence.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Okay. Yes I'm crazy it's midnight for fucks sake.

"Louis?"

Nick opened the door. "Yeah. Uh sorry. Is Niall up?"

"He's not with you? He left earlier this week when Liam called and said you were upset and he needed his help."

"He...he left."

"Left?"

I nod. "Harry came home. They talked and then he was asked to leave. Harry asked him to leave."

He shakes his head. "He's not here. Let me call him. Come in."

He runs for his phone and comes back out of his bedroom. He's panicked now. I've had that look before. It's not a good feeling to have.

"Where else would he go Louis? What happened? Why did Harry ask him to leave?"

I stand there silent. Should I tell him? "I think it's better if he tells you what happened. Let's think about this though. If he didn't come here and he's not at mine. If he wanted to go somewhere familiar...where he can think...be close to Harry in a way..."

"Larry's."

I shake my head. "Hanna would have ever closed at 11."

"How long ago did he leave your place? He could have convinced her to let him stay. She does know he's a friend of yours."

Shit. Hanna just might have believed him. I turn on my heel and walk out his door. I hear him grab his keys and run after me hopping as he slipped on his shoes. He quickly gets in my passenger seat and buckles in for the drive. The Cafe lights are off but as I approach the door I see the light in the kitchen is still on.

"Nick. Go back in the car. I think Niall and I need to talk first. Please." I look back at him. He nods and I toss him my keys after I unlock the door so he can turn on the air conditioner.

I open the door and go to the alarm system. 1202 off. I press the familiar numbers. I turn on the light and see a blonde head shoot up from one of the booths.

"Niall." I sigh his name.

"Oh shit."

He gets up and runs for the front door but I grab him around the waist and throw him over my shoulder. I walk over to the booth and sit him down.

"Please Niall. We need to close this chapter once and for all. Please."

"What chapter Louis?"

I point between us. "US. Out of all the talks we've had lately we haven't spoken about the past. Harry didn't lie. There is tension still. I thought I was over it but I'm not. I want to understand. I need to understand. Please. Talk to me."

He nods. "You're right. Maybe this has gone on too long."

I slide in across from him. "We're getting too old to act like teenagers. Harry and I are eventually getting married. We are bringing a baby in the house soon. We need to put the past away so we can move forward. All of us."