31.

"Boo."

"What was that love?" I ask. I'm pretty sure my mouth is hanging open...or maybe my heart is in my throat I'm not sure which one.

"Boo. I call you that right?" Harry hesitantly asks me. "You've said that to me before. In the alley. In our bed. At a lake. In a Cafe."

I nod. "You do call me that. You remember all those times because I said a sentence?"

He shrugs. "I guess. It was like I saw a lot of images at once and I remembered you saying it before."

"Let's try again shall we?"

He bites his lip. "Okay. We can try."

I close my eyes. What else is significant for us? There's a lifetime of memories to unlock. I wish saying hi would be a trigger but apparently I need to think deeper than that. I smirk and open my eyes looking into his green ones.

"Oh it's what you do to me." I sing the words. The one song I'd know better than any other in history.

I wait. He closes his eyes and when he opens them he looks sad. "We always come back to these words. First school separated us then a bedroom door."

I nod. "Yes but babe it's the coming back that's important. We've gotten stronger. You'll remember it all soon enough. Now let me go see if we can get you out of here now."

I kiss his head and walk out his door to the nurses station. They're a bit understaffed lately but they're working on discharging him they just need the doctor to make one last visit. Harry is set on coming to the apartment and I feel just as nervous as I did during our first time. He surely can't sleep in our bed with me until he remembers. I have to set some boundaries. We go through this photo album again and laugh at the silly things we did as kids.

BING!

Niall: how is he? does he remember? does he want to see anyone else?

I sigh as I read the words on the screen. I sigh for the hope behind his words. This hasn't only been hard on me, it's been hard on him too. I tried pushing Niall away but I knew I was inconsolable. Liam had tried his best but I still felt like I was dying inside. Niall helped. He made me feel a little less alone. Sure Liam and Zayne missed Harry. Jackson and Gaby did too. No one missed him like I did. Craved his presence like I did. No one understood.

Except Niall.

We had talks about everything. My feelings for Harry. His feelings for Harry. They weren't the same but they were similar. He loves him but...not the same way I love him.

Me: he's doing okay. it's going to be a slow process Niall. he's coming to the apartment this evening.

Niall: should i stay?

Hope.

I bit my lip. I look down at Harry. He had fallen asleep on my chest. His arms were wrapped around my waist and his head was on my chest. His eyes were scrunched up and his lips were pouty. I ran a hand through his hair and he relaxed. My Harry. He didn't know who I was yet but the feelings were there. The house wasn't built but it had a foundation so to speak. I grazed my fingers down his arm and back up. I watched the goosebumps appear and I felt the shiver against me.

Me: stay. put some things in the guest room for him please.

Niall: thanks Lou.

I swallow the lump in my throat. I hope this is the right decision. It's what I would want. A chance to talk to him...see him. Liam walks back in the room holding 3 trays of pizza, 2 cokes, and a water. I try to get up to help but the arms tighten around my waist. Liam smiles and waves me to stay where I am. I wake Harry up and hand him his pizza and water. Around 4 the doctor comes in and I'm reluctantly let off the bed while he gets checked out.