5.

We talked for hours up in the treehouse. It once again became our safe space. Harry had gotten grounded for missing curfew after the party. He didn't have a license yet so he couldn't drive even if he wanted to...so Anne took his phone. He had tried having Niall call Liam to talk to me but had gotten scared when Liam started yelling. The truth was out now and there was no going back. We kissed a few times but never let it go too far. We even sat together on one bean bag chair being closer than we ever had in the treehouse.

"Louis!" My dad yells from the backdoor.

I stand up and walk to the edge of the treehouse. "Yes sir?"

"Is Harry staying for dinner?" I look back at him but he shakes his head no.

"No. I'll be inside in a bit."

The door closes and I walk back to where he sits. I start to sit but he stands up. I furrow my eyebrows and grab his hand.

"Haz. You could have stayed."

"I know. I should get home though. I didn't exactly ask to come here so wish me luck." He chuckles and grabs his bag from the corner. "See you tomorrow?"

He asks it as a question. "Definitely. I'll reign Liam in."

He blushes. I kiss him again and watch as he climbs down and runs out the side gate. I lean against the rope and think about everything that just happened. The sky got darker so it had to be after 7pm now. A lot of questions had been answered but there were a lot I had still to ask. I had gotten Harry back but he was still scared. He wouldn't tell me of what but there was something there. I climb down the ladder and go into the house. My siblings and parents are eating dinner already.

"Go shower boo. Food is in the oven."

I nod. I grab my bag running upstairs. I grab a pair of boxers and shorts from my room and head to the bathroom. I turn the water on and stand underneath the jet stream. Once I'm done I go back downstairs. The girls and my dad have all disappeared. Mum is still at the table with my food in front of her. I take the top plate off and start to eat the warm food.

"It was quite the shock to see Harry jumping the fence into the backyard to get to a treehouse."

She breaks the silence. I laugh and nod my head once. "That would probably shock anyone."

"I assume you both talked." I nod. "Is everything...okay boo? You can talk to me you know. I have figured out something happened but I haven't figured out what."

"It was a misunderstanding."

She sips her tea. Waiting. I finish my food and set my plate aside taking a deep breath.

"Mum. I do want to tell you something. I...it...we...I like Harry mum." I look up when she doesn't say anything. Should I have not said anything?

"So where's the misunderstanding?" She finally says.

"Mum. That was it...sort of. I like Harry. I've liked him for as long as i can remember."

"And he likes you. We've all known this. What is there to misunderstand?"

"I kissed him. 3 years ago." She just continues to drink her tea. "We kissed at Niall's end of the year sleepover thing and then we both got nervous. He left and I didn't go after him."

"I see."

"I kissed him again at Niall's party weeks ago."

"I'm assuming since you spent hours in the treehouse he will be coming round more?"

I nod. "I think so. I hope so."

She smiles. "Well I'm glad you boys are working things out. And Louis...thank you for letting me in just a little bit."