18.

It was the week before Christmas break.

I drove home to meet with Anne, my mum, and headmaster Cowell. Graduation was soon and they wanted to make sure I would be able to attend. I had finished finals yesterday so I stopped for coffee and went straight towards home. There isn't much traffic so I make decent time. I pull into my driveway and walk inside the house. Lottie and mum are having some kind of argument. Daisy and Phoebe are already at school. Fizzy kisses my cheek and tells me good luck before she ducks out the front door.

"You don't know him mum!" I hear Lottie yell.

"I know guys like him Charlotte." Oh. Mum never used that name.

"He's different."

I tap on the door and poke my head into the kitchen.

"Two of my favorite ladies. Everything okay?" I say gently walking in.

"Lou!" Lottie jumps and hugs me. I stroke her hair.

"Lotts. You alright?" She nods. I look at my mum. "You're going to be late." I tell her.

"Straight home after school Charlotte." Mum says.

Lottie rolls her eyes. "Yes mother." She grumbles.

The door slams and I hug my mum. She relaxes in my arms and I can tell I don't even want to ask what's been going on.

"You're early boo." She turns to make me some tea.

"Mum I have coffee." I hold up the cup. "I am ready to get this over with. So when is Anne coming over?"

She sits down and motions for me to do the same. She avoids looking at me but focuses on my coffee cup.

"Anne will be over late this morning."

"Everything okay?" She nods. "You sure?"

"Louis. Please talk to your sister. She's not listening to you."

I shake my head but mum fills me in. Lottie is dating this older guy. He's been to meet the family. Mum and dad don't like him. Fizzy is reluctant to be around him. Daisy and Phoebe always stay with Fizz. I tell her I will try but I also don't want to push too much. Mum practically shoves me out of the house to get some cleaning done.

I decide to drive around town. I park at the skate park and start walking. I don't walk far before I see a familiar blonde head. He's laying on a bench watching the clouds I assume. I don't know what makes me walk toward him. Idiocy maybe. Boredom probably.

"Niall." I say the unfamiliar yet totally familiar name.

He jumps up. "Lou...Louis."

He sits there looking at his shoes. I sit beside him. "I'm sorry about your face." I mumble.

"I'm sorry I had feelings for him."

We stay silent. This is awkward. Wait. "Aren't you supposed to be at school? Harry has finals."

He looks at me confused. "I'm exempt. So is Harry." He's exempt from finals. He doesn't have school. So where is he? "I heard him tell Ed yesterday he had some doctors appointment if that helps."

He says it as if he can read my mind. Niall stands up and walks away. I get up and walk after him. I catch up to him easily. "Niall. How have you been?"

He turns on me. "Louis you don't have to do this. Your last conversation with me made it pretty clear. Stay away for Harry and I have. It was just a crush that obviously tore a whole group apart. You don't have to try to make nice now. I'm a big boy."

"I'm not trying to make nice. Well I am but damn it Ni we were friends. You knew I loved him. Why did you kiss him repeatedly? Why did you keep asking him about his feelings towards you? Why did you hit him when you didn't hear what you wanted?"