25.

My foot is tapping up and down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Down. Up. Hand.

"Stop fidgeting boo." Harry grips my knee and rubs circles with his thumb.

I sigh and try to calm down. We're sitting here at the agency waiting to speak to the agent we were assigned. It's been a week. We told Lottie what we wanted but we needed to do it this way. Official. We came in and filled out the paperwork. We submitted everything they asked for. Now they want to speak with us in person. Our agent walks out and comes to greet us walking us to her office. It's not the same one as Lottie but she looks nice.

"Good afternoon Mr Tomlinson and Mr Styles. I'm Taylor. It's a pleasure to meet you both."

I swallow. My throat is dry. I look at Harry and start biting my bottom lip.

"Pleasure to meet you too." Harry answers. "He's a bit nervous. He gets like this sometimes. Not a lot but a few times in life he drops his tough guy exterior." He chuckles.

"Shut it Haz." I whisper. "Nice to meet you Taylor."

She smiles. "Seems like you know exactly how to get him back to normal then yeah?" She looks at Harry and he nods. "Sit down please."

We talk for a while and she asks us a whole crap ton of questions. She asks us quite a few times if we've thought all of this through and are really ready for this at such a young age. She tells us there's going to be a home visit where she comes to see the apartment. Hell I'd show her to my classes and the cafe if she wanted to. We arrange a time for that in 2 days and then we get into the actual adoption process. She starts telling us about all these kids...

"We actually already know someone who is looking for a family. My sister."

"I see. Well that makes things easier. I assume you've already talked with her about it?" We nod. "Okay. Then after the home check it's just paperwork as it gets closer to the baby being born. We will need signatures from the four of you."

"Four?" I question her.

"You two. Charlotte. And the father will need to sign off as well."

"Oh for fucks sake." I say before I can stop myself. My eyes widen and Harry puts his hand over his face. "I'm sorry. That...I...grown up words won't be used around the baby I promise.

She chuckles. "It's alright Louis. I have read her file I know it's...rocky...with the biological father."

I snort. "Rocky is an understatement."

We finish the meeting and go back to the apartment. Lottie is so excited for everything. The home visit a couple of days later goes great. We continue going through our day to day lives. Lottie prefers to get the paperwork done before the birth so that way there's no loose ends on that day and no reason Harry and I can't bring the baby home. I go with her to the meeting with her adoption agent and I growl when I see him sitting in the room. His injuries have healed but he still flinches when I walk in.

"Lottie." He greets her.

"Matt." I answer for her as I sit down. She shoves my shoulder and whispers be nice in my ear. "Lovely weather outside yeah?"

"Lovely."

You could cut the tension with a knife. The paperwork is brought out and the three of us sign. Harry promised to stop by tomorrow morning before work after Lottie's doctor appointment. Perrie her agent leaves the room and says we are free to go as well.

"Thank you Matt." Lottie says as he stands to leave.

He nods. "For the record...I am sorry Lottie. I lost it that night. I didn't mean to hurt you."