28. (Niall's POV)

"Harry I told you to tell him!" I hear Nick yell as I walk into his apartment.

"I told you he will shut down. He did last time."

"For fucks sake Harry. That's no excuse. You knew it could get worse. Now it has and he still doesn't know!" What is he talking about? I stand by the doorway and listen. "Where's your phone? I'll tell Louis."

"It died." Harry sounds so...lifeless? "He doesn't even know I'm here. I told him I was working."

Nick scoffs. "So he probably went looking for you and is fucking pissed is what I'm hearing. Harry sometimes you amaze me with how well you unknowingly fuck up."

I hear him stomp off. He's probably looking for a phone charger. I turn around the corner and Harry looks at me as I enter the room. He doesn't say anything but he knows I heard the conversation.

"Hi Niall." He whispers. He still sounds broken.

"Hi Harry." I grab his phone and walk to the kitchen. I grab a charger from a drawer and plug it in. "Nick I have it charging." I raise my voice a little.

"Babe. Hey!" He walks out of the bedroom and kisses my forehead. "You're early."

I nod. "I'll text Louis." I whisper so Harry can't hear me. "Make some coffee. I'll talk to him."

Me: Hi Louis. Wanted to let you know Harry came to Nick's place. He's okay just scared about everything. I plugged his phone in since it died. You're welcome to come over as well. I'll send the address.

I walk back into the living room and find Harry sitting on the couch. His hands are pulling at his hair so I grab them and loosen them until he places his hands in his lap. He holds one of my hands and I allow it. It feels weird being this close to him after everything but he was once one of my best friends. I just happened to feel things for him that he never felt for me. I look over at his beautiful green eyes and see the tears falling from them. I wipe them away and he flinches away. Okay Yeah that was stupid of me.

"Harry. What's going on? What's got you so scared?"

"Where do I start?" He looks over at me and down at our hands.

"The beginning please."

He nods and takes a deep breath. "Okay well back in high school I was having these migraines." He continues telling me the story.

I remember his grandma passing. We were young and it didn't really hit him hard but it was still a shock. The whole time he talks I understand both sides. I see it from his eyes. He's afraid to tell Louis because he's afraid he'll shut down again. I'm not surprised to hear that Louis locked himself away. He's loved Harry the longest and the most. As long as any of us have known you can't have one without the other. I also can understand Louis though. Nick is right...Louis would shut everyone out. He would completely break if he lost the boy sitting next to me. It upsets me that he's made all these contingency plans and still hasn't opened up to Louis. Harry has a tendency to take everything on by himself because he doesn't want to hurt the people he loves...but right now he's being an idiot. Nick was also right worse has now happened. Harry told me he got an email with his scan results and it's gotten just a tiny bit bigger.

"Tell him Harry. Now. Today." I say the words I know he didn't want to heat.

"Niall it will crush him."

"He needs to know! You owe him that much after everything don't you think?!" I jump up and rip my hand from his.

"I need to know what?" I look at the door and see Louis standing there. He's looking back and forth between me and Harry. "Tell me what?"