30. (Liam's POV)

Once again I make the familiar walk to his hospital room.

A week later and he still doesn't remember names. He recognizes faces and he knows I'm Liam because he's heard it said but... no one else's names except his immediate family.

Zayne and I had taken what was supposed to be Lottie's room. She was still at Jackson and Gaby's none of them had come to see Harry yet. Niall had tried coming by but he was almost as upset as Louis was. Almost. Not quite. He walked out where as Louis didn't come to until I carried him out. Niall has spent a few nights on Louis couch. Sometimes he's the only one who can make him stop screaming. The screaming makes me want to cry most nights. I can feel the heartbreak in it.

"Coffee?" I ask as I sit it on the table next to Harry.

"Thanks. I have questions."

I nod. He's looking at the photo album. I put it together the night I took Louis home. I got pictures from his house, mine, Niall's, Jackson's, Louis mom even texted me some that I printed out as did Anne.

"Why is it only you and him that come visit?" He points at Zayne.

"They've come too." I flip and point to a picture of him with Jackson and Gaby. "Remember they came yesterday."

"Yeah. How is he doing?" He always asks about Louis. I wonder if the feelings are there but he can't place them.

"He's...okay." That's a very loose okay. Louis is not okay.

"The blonde. How is he?"

"He's...okay." I chuckle. Niall is more okay than Louis at least. It's weird they're kind of holding each other together.

"They're together aren't they?" He frowns.

"What do you mean?" He doesn't say anything. I reach out and grab his hand to stop him flipping the pages. "Together how Harry?"

"They were both sad. It was because of me."

"No it wasn't. It was the circumstance."

He shakes his head. "I've hurt them both."

"No you didn't. They're just...it's hard knowing you don't remember H."

"It's more than that. I've hurt them both without knowing I was hurting them. I don't know how to fix it." He sighs.

"Harry. Do you remember things?"

"Kind of. I think. I've kept things from one of them but I didn't mean to. I just wanted to avoid hurting him. He feels things deeply and I never wanted him to break down like he did. The other one I could never let go completely. He's always been there and I know he always will be. Is that mean? That I know how he feels for me and I use it sometimes but know I'll never feel it back?"

I can't reply. He looks up at me as I drop my coffee. "Ah shit. Be right back." I grab a towel and clean up my mess. Harry watches and waits for me to sit down. "You always ask about him. You still feel the love don't you?"

He nods. "I do. It feels like half of me is missing. I wake up hoping he will walk in with you but he never does."

I shake my head and sigh. "That's me. I'm a bit overprotective of him."

"Does he...miss me?"

"Like you don't even know. We could call him if you want."

He nods. "YES!"

I laugh and dial Zayne's number. "Hey Z. Can you please put him on?"

"Niall?"

"No."