Chapter 12

HIDAYA

"Hidaya take it from me, a guy, dudes like him only get worse until someone interferes."

My mind recalls. It happened yesterday but it was replaying over and over again in my head. Why would he care about someone he doesn't know? I mean yeah Yaya asked him to take care of me and it kind of makes sense but still.

"Please take the money, I'll feel bad if you don't." I said with my hand stretched out.

"I'm sorry but no, I can't take your money." He said for the third time.

It didn't make any sense. He wouldn't even take my money when he brought me home. I stare at my phone and snap out of my thoughts

Hey Zahra I wanted to tell you....

I delete the message.

Hey Zahra what's up! I wanted to talk to you about your creepy brother....

I delete again. What do i even tell her? We were gonna meet in an hour to leave for the hair saloon but I wasn't even sure if I wanted to go out anymore. I guess what happened last night was finally settling in. I was finally realizing that if Ziyad hadn't showed up at the right time, Jamil might have tried something stupid.

The thought of it sent shivers down my back. I'm just gonna wait until we meet, this is something that should be discussed in person.

_______________\\\_______________

ZIYAD

"You didn't take it?" Mubarak asks me like I lost my mind or something.

"Of course i didn't take it. Last time I took her money I felt horrible, I mean she's just a student." I say stretching out my arms.

"What did she say?" He asks eagerly.

"She just smiled again and went inside." I say feeling my face tingle for some reason.

"Ziyad are you...smiling?" He asks looking at me carefully with a smile creeping up his face.

"What? Where?" I try to resist smiling again.

"Hmmm....what does she look like?" He asks putting one hand to his chin.

"Well..." I sigh "she has this beautiful skin..it's like olive smooth...I'm not making any sense I know but...she just has this face that screams peace. She looks so much at peace...her eyes are what you can call doe eyes and her nose it's like a cute shape..."

"Oh my god he's in" he interrupts me clapping his hand and putting it above his head. "Muhammad Ziyad you've met miss peach abaya once! Only once and you're in!" He exclaims.

"In what? Oh no no! You don't get it. I see cute girls everyday, it's not what you think." I say trying to defend myself.

I look down at my wrist watch, adjusting it a bit. The room goes silent for about a minute and I look up to see why he was quiet. He was observing me closely, his hand still on his chin, slowly shaking his head.

I give him the 'seriously?' face and he starts laughing.

"Okay how about this? You don't love her right?"

"No I don't. I don't even know her dude" I say.

"Okay but her brother likes you yeah?" He asks and I nod confusingly.

"I wouldn't really say like...I mean I've never even met the guy or..."

"Great! Call him and ask if you can take her to school full time or at least until you get your job back." He says.