Chapter 22

Hidaya

"Hey!" Zahra exclaimed as i yanked her into my room and closed the door. She plumps on the bed dropping her bag on the floor.

"I think I like him!" I blurt out.

"You do?" She beamed.

"Yeah....I took your advice and watched the rom-com movies and they make sense! The way I feel makes sense finally." I walk back and forth. "And....the way he treats me too..it's the same." I stop in my tracks. "Zahra I like him." I say the last part blushing intensely.
Her silence brought my eyes to her face. She looked like that one meme of SpongeBob where he was trying his best to hold in a laugh, so much that he was tearing up. Except she wasn't trying to hold in a laugh, she was holding in a scream!

"MY GIRL IS IN LOVE!" She finally exploded, jumping.

"Shhhh quiet down." I pull her hand.

"This is beautiful! You guys are so perfect for each other! And you're gonna make really cute babies! Oh my god!" She covers her mouth squealing again.

"Whoa! Chill! I'm only just realizing it and you're talking about babies?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Okay okay let's sit." She pulls me to the carpet and we both got comfortable. "Do you think he likes you too?" She stares into my eyes like a toddler waiting for a treat.

"I'm not sure..." I bury my face in my hands "I mean he's doing everything that points to it, he even called me two days ago and we spoke for like two hours. I've been avoiding him though." I mumble the last part.

"Why?" She exclaimed yet again.

"I don't know, ever since I realized that I liked him I just felt too shy to see him. And now that I like him everything doesn't feel the same anymore...and I'm not completely sure he likes me too." I say unsure. "He did mention something though but I'm not sure he meant it..." I play with the carpet.

"What was it?" She asked excited.

"The other day on the phone....I don't remember much what we were talking about but I made a dua for him and I guess he loved the dua because I swear I heard him say "how can I love you any less". He said it loud and clear but when I was quiet for a few seconds he brought up another topic." I look at her, worry evident on my face.

"Hidaya that's it...he loves you." She holds my hands.

"But...." I try to debate.

"But nothing....take it slow okay? I know you must be very very nervous right now but it's okay! The good thing is he likes you too, even if he doesn't say it his actions scream it!" She shakes my hands.

"Yeah I guess."

"No...I see the way he looks at you, all the lunch and thoughtful gifts he brings you...not everyone is good with words. That's why the saying 'actions speaks louder than words' makes sense. He loves you through his actions. Give it some time and don't stress yourself okay?" I caresses the back of my hand with her thumb.

"Who knew you were good with pep talks." I smirk and she hits me with the pillow beside her making me laugh.

________________________________

Ziyad

"So Amma, I gathered you and Nafisa because I wanted to talk to you about something important." I began. "Mubarak likes Nafisa."
She looks up for a second at the mention of her name but looks back down before we even make eye contact.

"Masha Allah that's beautiful!" Amma cheered.

"Yes, but but I wanted to tell you both first so we can know your opinion Nafisa. Mubarak is not the type to joke around, he's a man of his word. When he told me he likes you, he told me to ask for your hand on his behalf. That's how serious he is. But of course he wants you to get to know each other first before anything, and I'll also talk to uncle to seek his permission insha Allah. Is that okay with you?" I carefully ask.