Chapter 34

Ziyad

"An daura Auren Muhammadu Ziyad tare da Hidaya matar shi! Kowa ya shaida, muma mun shaida!! Hidayatu ta zama matar Muhammadu Ziyad."

The old man stood by the masjid with a microphone repeatedly saying the knot has been tied. Almost a thousand people swarmed all around me congratulating me on my union. I shook over a hundred hands, answered over a thousand duas, hugged another thousand people before finally making my way to the car. I sunk into the passenger seat sighing in joy as I looked over to Mubarak in the driver seat.

"You better drive as fast as you can, get me to my wife." I carefully stated.

"Man I can't believe you're a whole husband!" Salim tapped my shoulder from the back seat and I laughed in response.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go! Let's go!" I exclaimed when I noticed Mubarak not starting the car.

"Okay okay! Sarkin zumudi, abeg relax." He said making us all laugh.

"I'm coming for you Mrs Z." I send her a message.

Alhamdulillah!

________________________________

Upon reaching the house, we were welcomed by about 50 aunties whom we had to greet individually and answer their duas. I look over to Mubarak for help as all I wanted was to go see my wife. He seemed to take the hint because he stood up and talked.

"Aunty Sadiya Kuyi haquri, the photographer is here and waiting for them so we have to leave now. We'll just snap a few pictures and come back." He pulls me up before getting a reply leaving Salim and Farouk with them.

He calls Zahra on the phone and she comes out with Yaya Hafiz's 3 weeks old baby in her arms.

"Your wife is waiting for you Uncle Z." She grinned. "Come let me take you inside."

We follow her anxiously into the only part of the house that seemed to be quiet. The curtains were open and the living room was filled with beautiful sunlight giving it a breathtaking effect as it reflected off the couple of mirrors and glass windows in the room. She signals Mubarak and they leave me there standing alone I was scanning the pictures on the wall when I felt a hand on my shoulder, a soft touch so light. I looked down at it and saw a hand elegantly beautified with henna and a golden ring. I follow it and it leads me to a beautiful face. Not just any face, my wife, my Hidaya, my Hayati.
My whole body turns to face her as she shyly smiles at me. Wearing a beautiful white laffaya to match my outfit. Her face illuminating with a beautiful glow, the light makeup emphasizing her beauty rather than covering it. My hand goes to my mouth as my jaw dropped.

"Subhanallah...." I exhale shakily.

She retracts her hand but I gently grab it, that was when I understood why the touch felt so soft. I look at it before grabbing the other, fully admiring the henna making a mental note to tip whoever the artist is. I caress them before pulling them to my face, placing a kiss on the back of each hand. Her head goes down shyly.

"Hidaya...look at me." I lightly pull her chin up and our eyes meet. "God!" I turn around putting both hands on my face as I wholeheartedly thank Allah for this beautiful creation of his.

"How can anyone not believe in god?" I exclaim and she laughs "Hidaya how can anyone not believe in God? How can any celled organism create a beautiful being like you? Ya ilahi..."

I wrap my arms around her pulling her into a hug, half of my face covered by the side of her laffaya my nostrils immediately invaded by the strong yet gentle and mindblowing scent that radiated from her. Her body goes stiff, not expecting my action but she eventually relaxes hugging me back. And In that moment, nothing else mattered, nothing else could possibly matter. My mind continuously repeating "Alhamdulillah ya rabb." We stay like that for only Allah knows how long before I eventually pull back, putting my hand on the side of her face I gently caress it.

"Wallahi you don't know how much you mean to me." I expressed. If only she knew the power she held over me,she could ask me for anything and by the time the sentence leaves her mouth, I would have already granted her wish.

"I think I have an idea how much." She places her hand over mine leaning into my palm.

I gently peck her forehead before placing mine on hers. We stay like that as I look into her eyes.

"I love you Hayati, I am yours, now and forever, heart, body and soul."

She closes her eyes smiling as I pull her into another hug. "I love you too." She says for the first time to my face.

"Awww" a voice comes from the entrance interrupting our moment. It was Zahra and Mubarak.

"Abeg lover birds the photographer is here for real." He claps to get us out of our bubble and i groan in frustration whereas Hidaya laughed covering her face.

The photographer walks in and we exchange greetings as his team sets up the equipments needed. We take about 200 pictures before receiving a call from Ya Hafiz that the Sheikh had arrived. Hidaya leaves to change into the next outfit and I also leave to get ready.

"Zahra you better take care of my wife." I yell right as they were exiting and she gives me a thumbs up.

"Sannu mai mata, shikenan mun shiga uku." Mubarak smacks the back of my head as he pulled me outside.

" Mubarak smacks the back of my head as he pulled me outside

________________________________

Duas were made, goodbyes were said, tears were shed and hugs were given. After a very 'non threatening' with Ya Hafiz, we left to the parking space, his words ringing in my head as I recalled the concerned look on his face.

"Take care of my sister, okay?"

He didn't look worried, just sad that she was leaving. We sat in the back of the car as I consoled her waiting for the first set of the convoy to leave before our car. Her head rested on my shoulder her hand in mine.

"I'm gonna take care of you, I promise." I smile as she lifted her head to look at me.

"I know you will." She sniffed wiping the tears away from her face.

"I also want you to know that this is forever insha Allah, you and I. We got this! This is a Ride of a lifetime, no stops, no shortcuts, no destination. Whatever we encounter we will work it out and get through it together okay?" I gently squeeze her hand to reassure her and she nods cutely.

"Okay!" She beamed with a smile.

"Buckle up lover birds! Your driver is here! Are you both ready?" Salim adjusts the rear view mirror as he got in. Both of us laugh at the ironic reference he gave.

"We're ready!" We both say.

"Let's go!"