Chapter 27

Ziyad

"Ameen Ameen. Let me know idan kun iso and I will come get you."

My eyes sting as I open my eyes slowly adjusting to the bright light shining on my face. I look to my side and see Mubarak putting down his phone. He was the one talking.

"What's going on?" I grunt trying to sit up.

"Lay back down." He orders relaxing into the chair.

"Shut up." I say laying back with my hand on my head. That was when I noticed the IV tube on my hand connected to a drip above me.

   I faintly hear a salaam and I look towards the voice, it was Amma and from the looks of it she had just finished praying. I didn't even know she was here.

"Bro what happened?" I look at Mubarak again.

"You blacked out and I had to bring your dumb ass to the hospital." He says smacking the back of my head.

"Ayo! My head still hurts. What's wrong with you?" I push my back against the pillow sitting up.

"Muhammad mai ya same ka?" Amma gets up folding the salah mat.

"Daman I was waiting for you to finish praying Amma, bismillah." Mubarak gives his seat to her and he stands by the end of the bed.

"Apparently this fool has not been eating for like a week and his glucose level dropped dangerously low. And to top it all Amma he was working out, without eating!" He emphasizes looking back and forth between Amma and I.

"Amma it's not true, I have been eating protein bars and even fruits." I protest but before I could say anything else, she smacks the back of my head too even harder than Mubarak did.

"You think because you're a grown up now I won't hit you? Is that why you've been avoiding me?" She asks but I groan in response "answer me" she raises her hand again.

"Okay okay! He was not lying am sorry." I hold her hand trying to calm her down. "I was....uhm....dieting."

"You're all skin and bones and you want to diet?" Her eye widened.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I hold her hand even tighter so she doesn't hit me again.

"When will he get discharged?" She asks Mubarak who was evidently enjoying watching me getting hit.

"As soon as this bag finished insha Allah." He walks to where the the fluid bag is and checks it.

"In that case let me get the food. You will finish all this before the fluid finishes or else you will not leave this hospital." I look behind her and see about 4 food flasks.

"Amma four food fl...." She glared at me "....I can't wait." I smile with fake excitement.

________________________________

Hidaya

     As a graduation gift, yaya decided to give me some money to spend but I couldn't think of a better way to spend it than a family night out. The intention was that all of us go out to a restaurant to eat dinner but mama was hosting a little dinner party for her old friends and Adda was also advised by the doctor not to go out a lot so our only other option was to buy the food and turn it into a movie night. We decided to sleep over at Yaya's house and then return home the following afternoon.

"I think we should do this pink one instead." Yusra points at a picture on my phone. We were deciding on what makeup and hairstyle to do for the sleepover and I showed her different pictures to choose from. Just then I see yaya come out of the pizza place talking on the phone.