Chapter 6

I pause for a moment, cautiously and seriously looking at Prof. Enzo's expression. His eyes are bright and sincere. But I simply shake my head and say, "You're my professor, and we haven't known each other for long."

Prof. Enzo immediately responds, "I'm sorry. I haven't considered this."

But the next second, he continues, "You look beautiful. You have a pair of eyes that easily make people dream at night... Sorry, I'm being presumptuous."

Feeling embarrassed and shy, I run straight back home.

Naomi has already come back from shopping and is sitting on the couch, admiring the clothes and jewelry she bought. When she sees me rushing in, she just casually asks, "Macy, who's chasing after you?"

I shake my head and run upstairs.

It starts raining in the afternoon, and the sky becomes gloomy.

Feeling thirsty, I go to the kitchen to get a glass of water and turn my head to find Prof. Enzo coming downstairs.

We lock eyes for a couple of seconds, and then Prof. Enzo speaks first, "Macy, don't run away. I won't do anything to you."

I also feel that my act of running away is too childish, so I stand there obediently, waiting for Prof. Enzo to approach me.

Prof. Enzo's voice is low and hoarse, "I'm sorry for scaring you."

I say, "It's not that. I'm sorry. You really... really are a very gentle and kind person."

He even makes me feel somewhat ashamed.

The wind blows in from the courtyard, and the curtains are swaying.

"I know, apart from being at school, we've only known each other for two or three days, and I'm so much older than you," Prof. Enzo says with a lonely smile. "To be honest, I'm starting to hate time now."

"No, it's not about all that," I whisper.

Prof. Enzo falls silent for a few seconds. "Because of... him?"

"Macy," he hesitates, using a gentle and sympathetic tone, "do you want some healthy and relaxed love?"

Suddenly, I feel very miserable. It turns out that even he can see the relationship between Elliot and me.

"It's not necessary to be so hard on yourself," he continues.

I don't answer. I'm just thinking that it's easy for a person to fall into a quagmire, but it's difficult to climb out of it.

I'm too weak, I don't have the courage for it.

Right now, all I want is to graduate quickly and leave.

But Prof. Enzo says, "Some things are simpler than you imagine. You just need to leave, and I will take care of the rest."

"Macy, you're a good girl, and you're not happy right now. I hope I can be your backup option."

My head suddenly becomes chaotic, and my face grows hot.

Prof. Enzo reaches out and gently pats the top of my head, like a kind elder.

I go back to my room, but can't fall asleep at all.

When I woke up the next morning, I received a job offer from the gallery.

My job is mainly to guide and introduce works to customers, and at the end of the day, I also have coffee with my colleagues.

But I didn't expect that just as I was walking towards the bus stop to go home, a man suddenly appeared and dragged me into the car.