Chapter 28

"Do you love me too much?"

"Un huh," Elliot says, "I figure you are my nemesis, the cure for my lovesickness."

He puts his cup on the table next to the bed and then places mine there too.

He hugs me from behind and asks, "Still cold?"

"Kind of."

"Kind of? Is that cold or not?" In an instant, Elliot's lips are against my neck as he chuckes, "When it's cold, we need to do some exercise to warm up the blood."

I hold his hand and smile, "If you want to make love, just say it directly. Why beat around the bush? Is that interesting?"

"This is whay fun is all about," Elliot pulls me down to lie down, "Let's go exercise, then take a hot shower, and go to sleep."

He leans over, his lips against the tip of my nose, "We can continue after we wake up."

I laugh, "What do you mean? Are you trying to make up for all those years gone by in these few days?"

"I do have that intention," Elliot embraces me, closes his eyes, and breathes a satisfied sigh, "These days, I've been thinking that once we both retire, we can come here to spend our old age. As long as you can bear loneliness and not get tired of seeing me."

He falls silent for a few seconds and asks softly, "Would you get tired of me?"

I think about it for a while before answering, "Let's talk about that later. Who knows, I might get tired of you after a while."

Elliot smiles, "Soon? No, that won't do. Then I'll have to do something to keep you happy."

The warm winter sun outside shines through the window, and we are under the still slightly cool blanket, doing something steamy.

The meaning of a utopia is to wipe out the trivialities and troubles of daily life and return to the true essence of life.

After we arrived here, I feel that the concept of time blurred along with it. We no longer need to constantly check our watches and phones every day, nor do we have to worry about anyone interrupting our leisurely vacation.

The two of us wear thick loungewear every day and live the most rustic life: getting up at sunrise and resting at sunset.

We get up around seven or eight o'clock every day, and I lazily pinch Elliot's nose to force him awake. In the evening, I place my icy feet on Elliot's belly, warming them with his warm belly.

Sometimes Elliot tickles me and presses me onto the bed, until I laugh until tears come out.

It's like we have created a new world where there's no need to dwell on the traces of the past.

But Elliot can't let it go. He has always been upset about Oliver's evaluation of his cooking.

After my stomach made a gentle noise, Elliot leaned over and gave me a kiss.

"I'll go make breakfast."

"Wait a moment." I hold his hand, pulling him back to the bed.

There's nothing better than staying in bed with your partner during the winter.

The bed is warm, and so is Elliot's body temperature.

"Okay, we'll wait a bit," he nods, hugging me.

A few minutes later, it starts snowing.

I turn my head to look outside and sit up slightly, seeing that a thin layer of snow has already accumulated.

"It's so peaceful." I say, "It feels different when it snows in the mountains compared to the city."