Chapter 10

"Elliot, I already know."

There are free cigarettes on the table in the suite.

I pick one up, the taste isn't strong, it has a faint gentle fragrance.

"Congratulations, you have successfully avenged your parents." I light it and watch it burn in my hand.

A long time later.

"So, what's the necessity for you to come find me again?"

I asked him this question on the first night he appeared in the seaside town, on that stormy typhoon night. He was asleep at the time, but not today.

Elliot takes the cigarette from my hand, takes a puff, and raises an eyebrow, saying, "I came to love you."

I smile, but inside I'm collapsing.

I know Elliot, an unscrupulous careerist, a profit-driven businessman.

Before, he approached me, tormented me because my father's blood flows through my body.

Now, for what reason?

It seems that all I can give him is a body he has not yet tired of.

"You seem to like the sea," Elliot buries the cigarette butt in the ashtray and says, "Tomorrow morning, I'll take you on a ship and go to Tunisia across the sea to play."

I nod.

Tunisia, also known as the "back garden of Europe," can be reached by ship.

The ship departs from the harbor, and the sea changes from white to turquoise, then to an endless deep blue. I stand on the deck and look at the sea for a long time, with the scattered laughter of fellow passengers in my ears.

After disembarking, we take a taxi to the hotel to drop off our luggage, and then stroll down the street. Every street and alley is filled with blue and white houses, with snow-white walls and blue windows, surrounded by flowers, like a fairy tale world.

At this moment, my hand is suddenly held.

It is the first time he holds my hand, his palm is wide and warm.

I don't know how to break free.

When we pass by a shop window, I turn my head and see our reflections. We almost look like a real couple.

In the evening, we have dinner at the hotel. The staff brings the food cart to the room, and we eat dinner on the balcony, accompanied by the unique Tunisian mint tea.

Elliot finishes his tea and then stares at the glass.

I ask, "What are you looking at?"

Elliot says, "the scenery inside looks like a forest."

I lean closer to him and see in the glass the green tea leaves sticking to the glass, like a banana tree. The tea leaves pile up at the bottom of the cup look like newly grown knee-high weeds and mugwort.

I want to take a closer look, so I lean in closer to Elliot.

"Macy."

He suddenly calls my name.

"Uh-huh?" I instinctively turn my head and see a magnified face.

Elliot takes the opportunity to kiss my lips on this breezy night.

I close my eyes, the moonlight kissing my eyelids.

"Elliot," I feel his warmth and softly call out.

He passionately kisses my lips, licking my tongue. "Hmm?"