Chapter 13

In December, Prof. Enzo went to the US to hold an exhibition, and brought me a piece of news by the way.

My father is critically ill in prison and has been transferred to the intensive care unit.

He wants to see me.

When I heard the familiar name "Will," I saw a flashback of Mr. Will from when I was ten years old. He stood at the orphanage, reaching out his hand to me among a group of children. At that time, I had just fallen and my pants were torn, my hands dirty. But he put my hand in his palm.

I thought about it for a long time, but in the end, I shaked my head.

Oliver is in the living room watching TV. The cartoon has just ended, and he starts channel surfing with the remote control.

I am drawn from the kitchen to the living room by the voice of a host.

It is a live financial talk show. Elliot sits across from the host in a sunny café, sharing his entrepreneurial journey.

At only 33 years old, he has become the helm of a business empire. As the interview nears its end, the host asks many questions that interest his female fans: "Elliot, you are talented and unmarried. Everyone is curious, what kind of girl do you like?"

Elliot remains silent.

The host continues on her own, "A beautiful blonde with blue eyes? Or do you value inner qualities more, preferring someone intelligent?"

It was at this moment that a live accident happened.

Elliot takes a sip of coffee, turns his head to look outside the window, and suddenly stands up, rushing out and grabbing a passing girl.

The cameraman follows them outside.

The girl's boyfriend, standing next to her, angrily grabs Elliot's wrist and shouts, "What are you doing?!"

But it isn't until the girl raises her face that Elliot lets out a sigh of relief.

"Are you crazy?" exclaims the girl's boyfriend.

Finally, Elliot lets go of her hand, his face displaying both joy and dejection. "I'm sorry, I mistook you for someone else."

I stand in front of the TV, and realize a few seconds later that Oliver is calling me.

"Mom."

"Hmm?" I turn to look at Oliver.

He walks up to the television, pointing at the person inside and repeats the words of the girl's boyfriend, "Is he crazy?"

I pause for a moment and can't help but burst into laughter.

This live broadcast successfully propelled Elliot's name to the top of Twitter's trending topics.

A certain female celebrity who has interacted with him jumps in, perhaps to seize the opportunity to gain public attention, and tweets ambiguous and hard-to-verify statements.

"He's really strange. When we were dating, he only let me sit on the sofa by the window, quietly reading."

"What about him?" a netizen comments.

"He lied on the bed, staring at me for a long time, then covered himself with a blanket and went to sleep."

An hour later, another hot topic topped the charts: Elliot, the helm of the business empire, is facing sexual dysfunction.

I shake my head, put down my phone, and drive to the airport to pick someone up.

"Hello, 2 hot Americanos," I say to the cashier at the airport café.