Chapter 26

I'm picked up by Elliot.

Due to the sudden weightlessness, I start struggling, tugging at his dark gray tie.

One minute later, I find myself already on the bed in the room, still in his embrace.

"Macy," Elliot purses his lips, leaning down, and shows me the tie I messed up, "Your boyfriend almost got strangled."

Feeling suffocated in the room, I wave my hand in the air, and the tie start spinning.

"You deserved."

Behind the tie, a pair of eyes is staring at me. I meet that gaze, and mutter softly, trying to add something.

But Elliot heard me. He cups my face and asks, "Say that again?"

I close my eyes, pretending to fall asleep.

After a few seconds, he speaks again, "From now on, you can only drink with me, and only in my presence. Got it?" He caresses my face.

"Hmph." I push away his hand, lying down and showing some disdain.

"Hmph??" Elliot repeats my tone, strangely with a hint of amusement in his tone.

"I'm tired. I'm not talking to you anymore."

I turn around, burying myself in the blanket.

I don't know how long I slept. When I wake up, it is still dark outside, and the room remains dim with a faint fragrance in the air.

The party downstairs seems to be ongoing as I can hear the noise faintly from outside the door.

I sit up on the bed, there is someone talking on the balcony.

"Don't make me repeat it for the third time. I didn't send both the mother and daughter to jail, It is already lenient enough."

Elliot's voice.

He scoffs, "What? After enjoying wealth for so long, suddenly falling from heaven to hell, they want to make money by leaking information to the media? Tell them on my behalf that if they dare to spread rumors about me and Macy, I won't mind shutting their mouths for good."

I check my phone; it's midnight.

Elliot walks in from the balcony and looks surprised to see me. He forces a smile, "You're awake?"

I don't want to talk. I go straight to the wardrobe, pull out my suitcase, and lay it on the floor, beginning to pack.

I'm leaving.

Shirts, wallet, charging cable. I finish packing my things, zip up the suitcase with a loud sound, stand the suitcase up, and push it near my legs.

As I am about to put on my shoes, Elliot suddenly lifts me by the waist and sets me on top of the suitcase.

"What's wrong with you?" Elliot looks at me, sounding very anxious.

I cover my eyes.

For a long time, I couldn't understand how the world works. I couldn't understand why, after the age of ten, I faced only insults and contempt in that beautiful new home.

Later on, I realized that, just like animals, there's a cruel law of the jungle among people.

I'm at the bottom of the food chain.

Father let me be born for his so-called love.

And what about my stepmother and stepsister? They didn't dare to provoke father, so they bullied me.

After all, I am an orphan. My mother is already dead.

Even Elliot... for three long years, he treated me the same way.