Chapter 9

"Why?"

Even though I have cut off ties with that family, I can't help but ask when I hear his words.

"Mr. Will's embezzlement and tax evasion evidence were all discovered and reported by me," Elliot says. "Tell me, how can I still marry Naomi?"

I nod.

I froze for a moment, then thought of another question.

"Hey."

I want to ask if he drove five hours to find me just to have sex with me.

But Elliot closed his eyes and fell asleep.

The rain stopped.

I sit in the chair, staring blankly at the vast darkness outside the window.

A small dot suddenly emerges in my memory.

Naomi.

The only time I saw her get drunk and out of control was when she tried to seduce Elliot but was rejected. And now, Elliot has her beloved father in jail.

I suddenly look up, with a hint of guessing in my heart.

Could it be that Elliott has been dating Naomi under the guise of marriage all this time? Is destroying the will group his real purpose?

But why?

He could have had a beautiful bride and inherit a huge fortune.

I sit dryly until midnight, finally opening my computer and sending an email.

Elliot has made up his mind to take me abroad. After the typhoon, he takes me to the shopping center first.

There aren't many people in the mall in the morning. He picks out a white dress and says to me.

"I think this one looks good. You rarely wear dresses, right?"

I nod.

While I'm trying it on, Elliot has picked out a bunch of others for me.

Then I pack my luggage and set off with Elliot.

His car has been flooded in the typhoon, so we take a taxi to the airport.

Security check, boarding.

I didn't sleep well last night, so I close my eyes as soon as I sit down. Elliot is next to me, studying the local attractions.

After half an hour, I wake up with a hoarse voice.

Elliot twists open a bottle of mineral water and feeds it directly to my lips.

I pause for a second, don't refuse, and obediently take a few sips from the bottle while watching him.

Elliot says, "Drink slowly."

Then he closes the water bottle and, like feeding a small animal, feeds me the salmon and blueberries on the table, and I finished them all.

When the plane lands, it's exactly four o'clock in the afternoon.

We come out of the airport and see the purple sunset starting to burn in the vast sky.

Elliot grabs my wrist. "Let's go to the hotel first."

He has booked a five-star hotel by the sea, with a room overlooking the ocean. The large bay window reveals a cliff, and the cliff embraces a corner of the Mediterranean Sea.

Elliot didn't sleep much on the plane and now seems a little tired. While he is taking a nap in the bedroom, I sit on the sofa in the living room, waiting for him to wake up.