Chapter 7

"After the party, come to my place, and you'll know," Elliot replies.

I feel nervous.

I don't know when Elliot will fly to Asia again, but if necessary, I will pretend to agree to any of his requests as long as he leaves as soon as possible.

In the early morning, avoiding people, I quietly take a taxi and arrive at Elliot's apartment.

Elliot opens the door, reeking of alcohol. "Macy."

Instinctively, I take two steps back, but then he pulls me into his arms and leans in towards me.

It is a very tender kiss.

I feel like a trapped prey, and Elliot is the predator effortlessly capturing me.

His fingers caress my neck and ears, as if treasuring me.

Yes, it is because of Elliot's demeanor that I've developed the illusion of love.

The television screen has turned on at some point.

While Elliot kisses my lips, moans and gasps drift from the screen.

I push Elliot away and stare blankly at the intertwined persons on the screen. In a late-night alley, a handsome man is embracing a woman who can barely walk straight...

That woman is me.

The camera recorded all this too clearly. My face is as red as an apple, even my neck blushes. I'm holding his arm, begging him to take me to a hotel.

That was the night I was drugged by Naomi, and that was also the beginning of my troubled relationship with Elliot.

Elliot's hand is still on my shoulder. He raises the corner his lips and asks softly, "Isn't it wonderful?"

I am stunned.

"Where did you find it?" I finally ask the question a long time later.

Elliot strokes my hair. "Your dear stepfather gave it to me."

I feel dizzy, and suddenly, everything goes black.

Elliot sits on the couch and puts me on the rug so I can kneel between his legs.

The video continues, now switching to a different scene.

In the study of a villa, my father and Elliot sit on opposite sides of the desk. It was the first time Naomi brought Elliot home.

At that time, father took him to the study for a private conversation. Everyone thought that father just wanted to talk to Elliot alone because he cherished Naomi and wanted to tell him to treat her better.

But on the screen, my father suddenly said, "Half a year ago, you had a one-night stand with my little daughter."

Elliot laughs, "How did you find out?"

"I know Naomi well. She's mischievous but not malicious. However, this time she has crossed the line into illegal territory, as her father, I had to investigate and buy all the evidence against her."

I froze.

So, Father has always known that Naomi drugged me but pretended to know nothing?

I always thought he was the only person in this family who would treat me well.

Otherwise, why did he bring me back from the welfare home and secretly buy me candy when Naomi bullied me when I was a child?

Elliot laughs, "What about Macy? You don't seem to value this adopted daughter as much as the legends say."