Part 42 : Goodbye

Y/n's POV

I stopped the car in front of Jen's apartment.

As I entered the parking lot, I saw the truck taking loads of things. All bags and it looked like someone was shifting.

It was all OK until I didn't realize that, the someone was Jennie. I saw her signing on some paper while a man stood beside her.

She smiled and bid him goodbye and that was the moment she noticed me.

I walked to her.

"Can we talk?"

"I have flight, within 2 hours... Whatever it is try to make it quick."
She said turning around to go inside the elevator while I followed her. I was in my doctor suit only.

When we were in elevator.
"Why are you leaving him?"
She looked at me, with a poker face.

"He loved you... Look at his condition. He is drunk, crying for you."
She sighed and elevator opened.

Some people walked in and I shut my mouth knowing we shouldn't talk about personal matters right now.

"Will you never come back Jennie?"
An old uncle asked.

She smiled and shook her head.
"Never... I'll live in America now... There's nothing left here for me."

"We would really miss you."
The old lady said, which seemed to be wife of the old man.

She was favorite to elders. She was a good girl. A brilliant girl... And to be honest, Taehyung's choice is great.

"Who is she?"
The old lady asked pointing at me. Jennie looked at me while I stared back.

"A friend. A good friend."
I felt a pang in my heart... I didn't deserve to be her friend. I practically snatched her boyfriend from her after promising that I would be the biggest well wisher in their marriage.

The elevator door got open and she bid bye to the old couple leaving the elevator. I followed her.

She opened the door of her room and we entered in.

"What you wanna talk about?"
She said pulling on the curtains for window.

"You're leaving?"

"Hmm."

"Why?"

"Anyone... but you should not be the one asking this."
She said opening her shirt to change for the flight.

"Jen I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"
She said casually sliding her Grey shirt on.

"F-for breaking my promise... For snatching Tae-"

"You aren't forgiven... You would never be... Anything else?"
She said coldly, buttoning her last button.

"Aren't you sad?"
She looked up at me. She came towards me. We were of almost same height so her flat in my eyes looked more powerful.

"I'm not feeling sad... I feel broken. If you could peek inside me you would know, my heart is burning, like someone had, had a very tight hold on my heart and squeezing it until I beg to stop. My heart is bleeding. My mind is fucked up... So much that I had dared to kill my own self as well."
A drop of tear fell off her eyes which she had for long. And then I noticed the poison bottle beside her bed..

"It was just because I am so close to my dream, that I can't back off now. I didn't deserve two of my biggest happiness all at once. I chased for one, I lose other. Now I gotta save what I have. And that's the only thing that kept me alive... But this place, this room, the Alight building, every nice place in Seoul, South Korea keeps reminding me of him... I can't move on if I stuck here."