09. Cactus flowers

♡Inayah's pov ♡

♡Inayah's pov ♡

Sometimes I think, when people look at me, can they see all of me? My soul, my heart?

Can they see how messed up I really am. The pain I am hiding behind my smile.

Can they see my tired brown eyes like the roses which have been dead and dried for too long because there was no one to water them and now they have forgotten to bloom like they used to.

But some flowers bloom at night, hiding from all of the preying eyes.
Being brave , blooming without the fear of being plucked. Forgetting about the pain of the roots some people like to grow around their neck.

The thing about pain, is that it doesn’t last forever.

The hard protective exterior that I have build around my self to give me strength to survive in new environment and situations is too stong just like the flower that blooms on a cactus at night.

Adapting and strong.

But the way he is looking at me right now is making me weak in the knees. Like if he looked for too long he would know all my secrets.
One long glance and he would know what happens when I am in the comfort of my own lonely mind, or the anger and sadness i have caged in myself.

I hate all of it. the way he is looking at me, like he can see the war that is going in my eyes right now.

The worst part is , he looks like he doesn’t mind dying in that war.

The corner of his eyes are soft, but when i see the layer of mischief layering in them i know one of his snarky comments is coming.

“ The last time we met I told you that I will be looking forward to go on a date with you, but i didn’t knew you would directly get married to me. Damn Inayah you should've atleast bought me lunch first” he said with that annoying smirk on his face.

Like i said i knew it was coming.

“ Oh trust me if i had any idea that you were the guy i have to marry, i would’ve rather stayed unmarried forever till i die”

“ well now you are married to me Mrs Malhotra” the name rolled out of his mouth so smoothly, like he have said it many times before.

“stop calling me that, i still remember what you said to me yesterday”

I could see his face grimace as soon as I mentioned what he said to me yesterday.

Closing his eyes he just took a deep breath like he is doesn’t want to remember that.

“ I didn’t meant any of that Inayah. I didn’t knew it was YOU ”

I scoffed. “Like it would have changed anything. And i didn’t knew you loved someone, oh that poor poor girl”

I never knew Arhaan loved someone like i just cant imagine that this arrogant , stupid man has the heart to be in love.

He just shook his head , but i swear i heard him say something like “only if you knew”